A new insight report on the luxury travel sector has been released by MyTravelResearch.com.
The luxury market is now defined by nine key trends:
1. A demographic widening away from the dominance of the 40-60 year old age group, especially in emerging luxury markets such as China and India.
2. A new focus on experiential travel at the expense of hedonism and display.
3. A growth in mindfulness and wellbeing as HNWIs turn to nature (e.g. the Galapagos, Iceland, the Antarctic) to replenish body and soul.
4. Making the most of ephemeral events such as solar eclipses or even staying at temporary hotels at music festivals.
5. A new commitment to learning and enrichment such as studying photography with a famous cameraman or attending Thought Leadership sanctuaries where you can combine cerebral workouts with surfing, skiing and diving.
6. The rise of responsible travel such as activities that support economic, social or environmental sustainability – for example El Nido Resort in the Philippines or Song Saa Island in Cambodia.
7. A new focus on family life in travel, as rich baby boomers recompense for working hard much of their life by spending more time with children and grand children. (This has led to a rise in multi-generational cruising and luxury private holiday rentals together.)
8. Traditions re-imagined, making ‘old' products like golf at St. Andrews or regency hotels in Sydney or London attractive to younger luxury travelers, especially those from China and India.
9. The growth of river and ocean cruising and private yachting with everything on board taken care of.
BINA - Luxury Yacht Charter 142'
Primland - Meadows of Dan, VA
Rawai VIP Villas - Phuket, Thailand
Hotel del Coronado - San Diego
The Luxury Signature
Southeast Asia's most exclusive collection of luxury villas rental and vacation homes, located in some of the most beautiful destinations including Phuket and Koh Samui in Thailand, and Bali in Indonesia.
Mountain Shadows - Arizona
This new resort in Paradise Valley features timeless modern design, 183 guestrooms, a restaurant with an exhibition kitchen, two pools, a high-tech fitness facility, a fully revamped short golf course, and more.
Eden Roc at Cap Cana
Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor - Siem Reap, Cambodia
Villa Sabai Jai - Koh Tao, Thailand
Home in Italy: The Most Stunning Villas Imaginable
Edmiston - Luxury Yacht Brokers
Meadowood Napa Valley
AutoEurope - Luxury Car Rental
The NoMad Hotel - New York City
Oliver's Travels - Luxury Villa Rentals