A new insight report on the luxury travel sector has been released by MyTravelResearch.com.
The luxury market is now defined by nine key trends:
1. A demographic widening away from the dominance of the 40-60 year old age group, especially in emerging luxury markets such as China and India.
2. A new focus on experiential travel at the expense of hedonism and display.
3. A growth in mindfulness and wellbeing as HNWIs turn to nature (e.g. the Galapagos, Iceland, the Antarctic) to replenish body and soul.
4. Making the most of ephemeral events such as solar eclipses or even staying at temporary hotels at music festivals.
5. A new commitment to learning and enrichment such as studying photography with a famous cameraman or attending Thought Leadership sanctuaries where you can combine cerebral workouts with surfing, skiing and diving.
6. The rise of responsible travel such as activities that support economic, social or environmental sustainability – for example El Nido Resort in the Philippines or Song Saa Island in Cambodia.
7. A new focus on family life in travel, as rich baby boomers recompense for working hard much of their life by spending more time with children and grand children. (This has led to a rise in multi-generational cruising and luxury private holiday rentals together.)
8. Traditions re-imagined, making ‘old' products like golf at St. Andrews or regency hotels in Sydney or London attractive to younger luxury travelers, especially those from China and India.
9. The growth of river and ocean cruising and private yachting with everything on board taken care of.
BINA - Luxury Yacht Charter 142'
Primland - Meadows of Dan, VA
Calala Island - Nicaragua Exclusive Private Island
Villa Sabai Jai - Koh Tao, Thailand
Hotel del Coronado - San Diego
Eden Roc at Cap Cana - Punta Cana
Offering exclusive luxury in the Dominican Republic, Eden Roc at Cap Cana, the only Relais & Chateaux hotel on the island, features 34 freestanding suites with private pools and stunning views.
A.M.A Selections - Luxury Villa Rentals in France & Italy
Strongly focused on delivering memorable experiences for each guest, A.M.A Selections is setting itself apart with their intimate knowledge of their properties and destinations.
Mountain Shadows - Arizona
This new resort in Paradise Valley features timeless modern design, 183 guestrooms, a restaurant with an exhibition kitchen, two pools, a high-tech fitness facility, a fully revamped short golf course, and more.
Rawai VIP Villas - Phuket, Thailand
Autobahn Adventures - Luxury European Driving Tours
Carrington Italia - Amalfi Coast
Alegria Mykonos - Luxury Villa in Greece
Stonewater Cove Resort and Spa
AutoEurope - Luxury Car Rental
Relais San Sanino - Tuscany, Italy
Plaza Athenee Bangkok, A Royal Meridien Hotel - Thailand
Masseria Pettolecchia la Residenza - Puglia, Italy