San Miguel de Allende has been honored as the star of Mexican tourism for 2012 by prestigious Condé Nast Traveler.
In the New York-based magazine's 2012 Readers' Choice Awards, San Miguel de Allende has been named the #1 destination in Mexico. San Miguel was also the top city for hotels with three on the list of the top 10 hotels in Mexico - including Hotel Matilda at #2. The annual Readers' Choice Awards are among the most respected and coveted travel awards in the United States.
"To be recognized as the #2 hotel in Mexico by Condé Nast Traveler in just our second full year of operation is extraordinary," said Bruce James, Hotel Matilda Director. "Our guests are immersed in an exciting travel experience combining the unequaled history, charm and traditional atmosphere of San Miguel de Allende with the innovative spirit and sophisticated modern lifestyle of Hotel Matilda."
Hotel Matilda is a trendsetting contemporary boutique hotel located in the heart of 500-year-old San Miguel de Allende, the crown jewel of Colonial Mexico and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It has been a ground-breaking year at this hotel that focuses on the artistic and culinary arts, including:
- Partnering with Enrique Olvera, who is recognized as Mexico's leading chef as well as one of the best in the world, to create a new world-class dining experience in the hotel's Moxi restaurant.
- Introducing the first hotel Apothecary Concierge that creates personalized beauty and body products for guests made from natural artisanal ingredients.
- Becoming a member of Design Hotels, the international collection of original and visionary hotels and resorts.
- Hosting a full calendar of dynamic culinary and artistic events including the first-annual SMART Festival featuring exhibits by acclaimed Mexican artists and a dance party with an internationally known DJ, and a Black Dinner epicurean extravaganza to celebrate The Day of the Dead, orchestrated by Mexico's queen of culinary theater, Martha Ortiz.
- Opening Matilda Gardens, a historic home with a large flowering garden in the heart of San Miguel that is the premier new venue here for weddings and gala events.
This year marked Condé Nast Traveler's 25th annual Readers' Choice Awards, ranking the best cities, islands, cruise lines, airlines, hotels and resorts worldwide. A record 46,476 readers participated, rating 370 hotels, resorts, and cruise lines above a score of 90. Hotel Matilda achieved a score of 94.1, out of 100 total points. Here is the link to this year's awards: http://www.condenasttraveler.com/rca
Cutting-edge Hotel Matilda offers a lifestyle-focused guest experience combining an award-winning holistic spa that was named to Condé Nast Traveler's 2011 Hot List of the world's top new spas, innovative dining, a popular lounge known for its creative mixology, and a vibrant interior filled with dramatic contemporary art. The art-gallery-like ambience is filled with a eclectic collection of works by noted artists, many specifically commissioned for the hotel.
Located in the central highlands of Mexico about 170 miles from Mexico City, San Miguel de Allende is internationally known for its spectacular Spanish colonial architecture and Old World ambience that remain virtually unchanged from centuries ago. For savvy travelers, San Miguel de Allende is Mexico's most engaging and beautiful destination, conjuring up magical images of graceful arches, beautiful bell towers, ornate churches, cobbled lanes and walls aflame with red bougainvillea.
For more information about Hotel Matilda and reservations: +52 (415) 152-1015; toll free in the U.S./Canada 855-MATILDA (855-628-4532); firstname.lastname@example.org. www.hotelmatilda.com
Mead Brown Costa Rica
MSC YACHT CLUB
AltaGracia, NEW Costa Rica Luxury Boutique Hotel
Billini Hotel - Santo Domingo
Kahala Hotel & Resort
The NoMad Hotel - New York City
Boutique Hotels & Resorts
Exotic Estates International
No.11 Cadogan Gardens, London
Haute Coutour Events - International Event Planners
Canyon Ranch - Tucson, Lenox, Miami Beach, SpaClub
Meadowood Napa Valley