Disney Culinary Director John State and Master Sommelier Brian Koziol worked hand-in-hand with Adventures by Disney to masterfully craft a new eight-day, seven-night epicurean sailing through Switzerland, France, Germany and the Netherlands.
The Rhine Food & Wine River Cruise is a remarkable way to become immersed in the unique culinary history and culture of Europe. This premier epicurean sailing has been masterfully crafted for guests to experience the best of Europe's food & wine scene. Offering extraordinary food and beverage experiences both on and off the ship, this adult-exclusive vacation, which sets sail from Basel, Switzerland on October 21, 2017, offers the following highlights:
• Learn about wine tasting and blending during vineyard tours and onboard seminars hosted by Brian Koziol, one of only 230 Master Sommeliers in the world
• Share in the history and culinary mastery of the authentic dishes of Europe during intimate gourmet demonstrations and workshops with John State, culinary director for the Disneyland Resort
• Stroll through charming Riquewihr, France on a guided walking tour that incorporates local gastronomic delights, including sausages and French macarons
• Discover the art of the Strasbourg specialty, tart flambé, during an interactive class, complete with local beer and Alsatian wine pairings
• Get hands-on during a French patisserie class in Strasbourg
• Explore German vineyards and visit festive pubs while sampling the hearty cuisine of the Alsace region
• Tour the Heineken Factory, savor a special caramel waffle demonstration and learn how to blend craft cocktails during a private workshop in Amsterdam.
This new Rhine adventure is just the latest expansion of the successful Adventures by Disney vacation portfolio, which now includes 15 sailings along Europe's Danube and Rhine Rivers in 2017. Combining the award-winning service and luxury of AmaWaterways with the proven travel expertise of Adventures by Disney, these river cruise sailings offer a vacation experience that is all-inclusive and hassle-free. Travelers can customize their trip to fit their needs by choosing from a variety of activity options offered at ports and onboard each day.
Bookings for the Adventures by Disney Rhine Food & Wine River Cruise are now open: https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/europe/rhine-river-cruise-food-wine/