June 10 is World Gin Day, but you can try the four different tasting menus of the Gin and Tonic Experience any day of the week. Served in the comfort and luxury of The Terrace Bar, each bespoke tray contains three gins sourced from craft distilleries around London, with attributes ranging from floral to citrus to spicy to smooth. 12 of the most common natural botanicals are featured alongside the gins for you to see, smell and touch. Mixologists prepare the pure gin in a balloon glass, and guests can taste the distiller’s blend before adding a mix of garnishes to enhance the flavor. Tonic water provides the finishing touch. Alternatively, a menu of 21 specialty selected gin and tonic pairings complete with garnishes is available.
If you like to combine jazz with your gin, head to The Terrace Bar on the first and third Wednesday of every month for The Chesterfield’s Gin & Jazz Evenings. This event sees the luxury Mayfair venue transformed into an intimate jazz setting, capturing the elegance of the Art Deco era. Guests are treated to performances by in-house pianist John Hudson, who has been entertaining guests at The Chesterfield Mayfair for 20 years, and his sultry three-piece band . The music is perfectly complemented by a bespoke menu of event-exclusive gin cocktails that took months of experimentation to perfect, and are served with a generous dose of theatre – think dry ice and ingredients as smoky as the music. Cocktails are served with complimentary and seasonally-themed canapés, and the Terrace Bar’s full drinks and bar snack menu is also available.
• Blow Your Own Trumpet ($20): Martin Miller’s gin, Aperol, Chambord, lemon and egg white with crushed apple
• A Passion for Jazz ($20): Martin Miller’s gin, crème de menthe, passion fruit syrup and lemon
• Drink and Jive ($20): Martin Miller’s gin, Passoã, ginger beer with muddled strawberries and raspberries
• Live, Listen & Lubricate ($20): Martin Miller’s gin, Cointreau, splash of lime and garnished with rosemary and blueberries
• Sweet Syncopation ($15): Enjoy a glass of Martin Miller’s gin and tonic with a plate of chocolate coated strawberries
The 2017 Gin & Jazz dates are as follows: June 7 and 21; July 5 and 19; August 2 and 16; September 6 and 20; October 4 and 18; November 1 and 15; and December 6 and 20. Gin & Jazz, which takes place between 7:15pm and 9:00pm, is not a ticketed event and no bookings are required, so visitors are free to stroll into the intimate Terrace Bar at any time.
For details or hotel reservations, please contact The Chesterfield Mayfair at +44 20 7491 2622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit website: www.chesterfieldmayfair.com