Launched in 2014, Waldorf Astoria Driving Experiences now offers guests the exclusive opportunity to test drive and view some of Lamborghini’s newest models, including the Huracán RWD Spyder and Aventador S.Coupé. These select drive experiences will take place during iconic events in each destination, starting with La Quinta Resort, a Waldorf Astoria Hotel during the BNP Paribas Open event on March 17 – 19, 2017.
Guests of Waldorf Astoria Hotel & Resorts will have the unique opportunity to get behind the wheel of Lamborghini’s latest line-up of cutting edge super sports cars at preferred destinations worldwide.
Each participating property will offer 30-minute sessions every day during the event, led by Lamborghini’s professional driving instructors at curated locales. Within each destination, a customized driving route will be created to allow guests to accelerate down the most notable roadways while zipping by favorite sights and places.
The Waldorf Astoria Driving Experiences will take place at the following Waldorf Astoria properties for 2017:
- March 17 – 19, 2017 – La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort (La Quinta, CA) – During BPN Paribas Open Indian Wells
- May 12 – 14, 2016 – Waldorf Astoria Chicago (Chicago, IL) –In conjunction with World of Lamborghini program
- July 14 – 16 – Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel (Versailles, France) – During Bastille Day
- August 25 – 27 – Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian (Edinburgh, Scotland) – During Edinburgh Fringe Festival
- November 3 – 5 – Boca Raton Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort (Boca Raton, FL) – During Fort Lauderdale Boat Show
- November 16 – 18 – Waldorf Astoria Dubai - Palm Jumeirah (Dubai, UAE) – During Dubai International Motor Show
As a special addition to the driving experiences, Lamborghini sponsored the Firestorm Lounge at the Waldorf Astoria Park City (Park City, UT) during the Sundance Film Festival this year from January 19 -23. During the Festival, two Lamborghini automobiles were displayed prominently in front of the property leading to the Firestorm Lounge.
While on-property, guests can also virtually experience routes from other cities through Gear VR Oculus goggles. Guests will be digitally transported to key Waldorf Astoria destinations, including Trianon Palace Versailles outside of Paris where they will be taken on a driving tour of the City of Lights through 3-D video simulation. The immersive 360-videos are also accessible on Waldorf Astoria’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/WaldorfAstoria) allowing fans to experience 3-D drives in the comfort of their own home.
Waldorf Astoria Driving Experiences follow the brand’s commitment to deliver unparalleled experiences through its existing heritage programs, including:
- Waldorf Astoria Unforgettable Experiences, an initiative introduced in 2015 to highlight truly bespoke offerings from each of the brand’s properties worldwide.
- Taste of Waldorf Astoria, a global culinary competition created in partnership with the James Beard Foundation and Waldorf Astoria Master Chefs to find the next iconic dish.
To learn more about or to book the Waldorf Astoria Driving Experiences, please visit www.waldorfastoria.com/drivingexperiences or call 1-800-WALDORF (1-800-925-3673).
Follow these Waldorf Astoria Driving Experiences on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the hashtags #WaldorfMoment and #WaldorfDrive. For more information about Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, please visit www.waldorfastoria.com or http://news.waldorfastoria.com.
*Terms & Conditions: Drive experiences are subject to availability and discretion of Waldorf Astoria and Lamborghini; test drive models subject to availability, no charge to participate, must have valid driver’s license + insurance and be over the age of 25.