Although noted for a romantic getaway, the archipelago of Maldives offers plenty of attractive options for kids, families, friends, and even a solo traveler. Surrounded by the ocean, it is pure bliss always. No doubt, this beautiful country witnesses flocks of tourists from all over the globe.
Although December to March is considered to be the best time to travel to the Maldives, throughout the year the climate remains pleasant and charming. Hence, you can visit it anytime. You can enjoy the peak season, full of crowds. Again, you can avoid the throng during offbeat seasons, and enjoy the solitude.
You can soak in the sun, go snorkeling and scuba diving, or simply relax on the beach. Again, you can pick a water or beach villa for accommodation. You can view the amazing landscape from a seaplane or you can take a boat ride for the thrill of the waters.
Things to know before planning a trip to Maldives
You should be abreast of accurate information and guidelines regarding your Maldives tour. Traveling to a foreign island, on a long-haul flight can be overwhelming and time-consuming. However, when you pre-plan wisely, you can acquire a comprehensive and competent travel experience.
Moreover, you will dodge sudden risks, mishaps, and setbacks.
Book in Advance
When you settle upon a Maldives package from India you should ensure that it is booked well ahead of time. There are some advantages of booking in advance:
- You can modify or withdraw according to your requirements.
- You can strike the best deal, discount and offer on the package. You can also get complimentary services.
- You can book the best flight, tourism, hotel and rental at competitive prices.
- Packing can be well-organized.
- You can enjoy the trip.
- You can fix your budget accordingly.
- You can plan your sightseeing and shopping.
- You will experience a happy mood right from booking.
Plan Your Activities
You should note down the following factors as you plan your activities:
- The Maldives is an Islamic country. Hence, religious books, idols of worship, pork and alcohol are strictly not allowed.
- You don’t need a visa to travel to the Maldives.
- You can avert December to March season, and avail cheap prices and crowd-free traveling in off-seasons.
- The avid surfing lovers throng the place during the monsoons, between June and August.
- Watch out for the days of Muslim holidays.
- The island has different time zones.
- You can stay in a private resort, beach or water villa, or a guest house.
When it comes to packing less is more
You certainly don’t want a heavy suitcase or a backpack. Here’s how you can arrange your essentials and make them appropriate for the trip:
- Take light cotton clothes for the Maldives has a tropical and humid climate.
- Pack sunscreen, scarves, sunglasses, hats and sandals.
- Have color coordination to go with every dress and place.
- Don’t forget your patterned and plain clothes.
- Keep the essentials and accessories in mesh and plastic bags.
- Carry a small but functional umbrella with you.
- Mix and match your clothes and accessories for a different look every day.
- Use your accessories optimally for better results.
Plan According to the Weather
When you keep in mind the weather of your destination you fall into less trouble and embarrassment. Here are some tips:
- Before going out, brace your home for any unforeseen incident.
- Take light cotton clothes befitting the hot and humid Maldives weather.
- However, keep a set of warm clothes for an emergency.
- Interact with the locals via social media for the right knowledge.
- Utilize your phone’s weather app for a proper guideline in a foreign place.
- You can also check online, the weather patterns over a time period.
- You can gain knowledge from the internet on the present weather conditions.
Buy Sim Cards at the Airport
You can contact the kiosks at the international airport for local sim cards. This will maintain your communication with your people, back in your country. However, you need to submit the following documents:
- original visa and photocopy, if applied,
- original passport and xerox,
- 2 passport photos,
- Proof of residence,
- Proof of hotel stay,
- E-visa photocopy if required.
You should only contact a genuine sim card operator for his competitive plans. It is better to avoid purchasing sim cards at the airport. You can buy them online or from a local store. You can then take their delivery at the airport.
When you are well-versed in the rules and regulations before your actual travel you can save a lot of time and energy. You can consult an authentic and reputed travel agency for guiding you properly. Be it online or offline, you should certainly consult a tour guide. Besides, it ensures an affordable luxury and multiple choices, within your time restrictions. You can have additional support and services for complete satisfaction.
Thus, pre-book your Maldives tour package for getting the maximum benefits, without falling into unwanted situations. You can, therefore, tick off this exotic scenic wonder from your bucket list today!