Its landscapes and culture amaze visitors, who consider it an unforgettable place.
What makes this island a memorable place? Here we give you five reasons to visit Rapa Nui:
1) The Moai: are the majestic stone statues that have made the island famous. In the quarry of Rano Raraku they were carved and mobilized to different parts of the island.
2) Its beaches: these are not the best known worldwide but surprise all who come to them. Anakena Beach is best known, its white sand and turquoise water can relax anyone. Furthermore, it is the best place to enjoy the delicious Rapa Nui tuna empanadas.
3) Ancestral culture: Rapa Nui people are of Polynesian origin and their traditions, language and rituals relate to their ancestors, particularly with the arrival of King Hotu Matua over 1500 years ago.
4) Wild nature: horses, hidden caves, dormant volcanoes and hidden trails are just some of the natural beauty found in Rapa Nui.
5) Rest & Relax: After so many activities, the most important thing is to find the perfect place to rest. The best option is Hotel Hangaroa Eco Village & Spa, located just minutes from the town of Hangaroa. It has 75 rooms, the only Spa on the Island, pool, dining options and the best facilities for an unforgettable stay in Easter Island.
Where to stay: Hangaroa Eco Village and Spa