Jet Set Pet
Family Vacation Packages
Spa & Wellness Packages
Romantic & Honeymoon Packages
Beach & Island Resorts
5-Star City Hotels
Adventure & Eco Lodges
Boutique City Hotels
Country House Hotels
Safari Camps & Lodges
Golf Resorts & Lodges
Spa Resorts & Wellness Retreats
Ski Resorts & Lodges
Wine Country Getaways
Hot Hotel Openings
Cruises & Yachting
Private Jet Travel
Bars & Nightclubs
Wine & Spirits
Spa & Wellness Retreats
Beach and Resortwear
Beauty and Fragrance
Luggage and Handbags
Watches & Jewelry
Wine and Spirits
World's Most Expensive
7 Destinations You Wouldn't Have Considered 10 Years Ago
May 10, 2015
Numerous “hot spot” travel destinations for 2015 wouldn't have even been considered a decade ago. Myanmar's military junta relinquished control of the government in 2011. North Korea lifted its restrictions on American travelers the same year. Iran is quietly positioning itself to become a prime-time luxury travel destination. Colombia's government invested a worldwide advertising/pr campaign promoting the country as a top-notch destination in 2008.
Once Forbidden Iran
- The countries of Uzbekistan (pictured above), Turkmenistan and Iran are woven together like the burnished threads of a fine Persian carpet. From earliest recorded history, these lands have exchanged rulers, architecture, art and religion. Explore the dazzling bazaars and extravagant desert architecture along the byways of the old Silk Road between Tashkent and Tehran on this 20-day journey with MIR Corporation.
North Korea Adventure
- Seize the window of opportunity to enter North Korea (the Democratic People's Republic of Korea) for an unusual weeklong exploration. A country few western travelers have seen since the 1950s, the DPRK encompasses some of the finest landscapes in Asia. Survey its historic sites and modern monuments, and enjoy the mind-boggling spectacle of 100,000 costumed people moving in sync at a performance of Pyongyang's Arirang Mass Games.
Myanmar River Cruise
- Tom Harper River Journeys invites travelers to discover the Irrawaddy on a journey filled with wonders few Westerners will ever see, from sacred stupas believed to contain relics of the Buddha himself to Bagan's breathtaking collection of temples dating back to the 11th – 14th centuries. Sensual, spiritual, mysterious and magical, the ancient kingdom of Myanmar is one of the most unique locations on earth.
- Enjoy majestic views of the Andes and pristine white sand beaches of the coast. Visit Tayrona National Park, Chicamocha National Park, and soak in the charming and historic atmosphere of Cartagena on this leisurely paced Colombia vacation.
Ha Giang, Vietnam by Bike
- In an ever-shrinking world, Ha Giang, with its uniquely preserved tribal culture (nearly 90 percent of the population is ethnic minorities), is one of those rare places that hasn't been corralled by modernity or pre-packaged for visitors. Ride & Seek is the first company to run a road bike tour in the area and it is not one for the faint hearted. Terraced rice paddies and primary forests provide an attractive canvas as we wind our way up through vertiginous passes on the road less travelled. The elevation profile is immense and so this tour leans towards the ‘epic' scale of our tour portfolio.
Venezuela Bone Fishing
- Los Roques is no longer the well-kept secret it used to be, just one that many anglers do not care to share with the rest of the angling community. Once you have fished it, it becomes the standard by which you'll judge all other flats destinations.
Rwanda Gorilla Tracking
- A gorilla tracking journey takes you to Uganda or Rwanda on an unforgettable expedition into the misty forests of Africa and gives you a privileged insight into the fascinating world of the great apes. Tracking the mountain gorilla requires patience and stamina, often walking for hours through dense vegetation. Finally meeting them in the undergrowth is an awe-inspiring experience.
Sign-up for Our Email Newsletter
FIND A LUXURY HOTEL & BOOK WITH EXCLUSIVE PERKS!
Antigua & Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Papua New Guinea
St Vincent & the Grenadines
St. Kitts & Nevis
Turks & Caicos
U.S. Virgin Islands
United Arab Emirates
Food & Wine
Shopping & Fashion
Spa & Wellness
Wineries / Wine Tasting
Aman Resorts - Luxury resorts, hotels and private residences in awe-inspiring locations around the world
Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa - Rancho Santa Fe, California - One of the West’s most sought-after five star resorts
Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Resorts Collection - Costa Rica
El Encanto, A Belmond Hotel - Santa Barbara, California - Experience timeless Californian glamor.
The Ranch Italy at Palazzo Fiuggi - The Ranch Malibu brings its award winning wellness program just 50 minutes from Rome.
VOYAGES MAGAZINE - Cruising the World in Style
Trump International Hotel Waikiki - Five-star amenities steps from the beach
Red Savannah: Luxury Villas and Tailor-Made Holidays
The Luxury of Simplicity in Japan: Exceptional Resorts in Tochigi’s Nikko Area
Relais Christine - Paris, France - Relais & Chateaux - A secret, tranquil world in the heart of Paris' Left Bank
Fairmont Le Château Frontenac - Quebec City, Canada - Breathtaking views of the St. Lawrence River and the UNESCO Old fortified city
Hotel Saint James - Paris, France - Relais & Chateaux - The only chateau-hotel in Paris, an architectural jewel tucked away in the 16th.
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa - Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii - Beachfront Resort
Silversea - Experience All-Inclusive Ultra-Luxury Cruises
1900 Inn on Montford - a historic, four-diamond bed and breakfast nestled in the heart of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville, North Carolina
CordeValle - A luxury retreat in a picturesque setting in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains of Northern California
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa - Lakeside retreat 2-1/2 hours north of Toronto
Grand Hotel Portovenere - Cinque Terre - Discover this beautiful region of Italy!
A.M.A Selections - Luxury Villa Rentals throughout Europe
Argentario Golf & Wellness Resort - Porto Ercole, Tuscany, Italy
Dude Ranchers Association - An all-inclusive vacation experience like no other
Luxo Italia - Curated Luxury Travel in Italy
Home in Italy: The Finest Collection of Luxury Villas Since 1994
The St. Regis Deer Valley - Park City, Utah - Exhilarating activities in the summer and the winter
Porto Zante Villas & Spa - Zakynthos, Greece - The leading villa resort in Europe
Luxury Camp - Italy - On the beach a half hour from Venice's historic center