Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve has announced the start of five new wine experiences through their expansive on site wine cellar, La Cava.
La Cava offers one of the largest and most diverse wine lists in the Caribbean and is located in the new signature restaurant at Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, COA. This carefully curated selection was crafted by Wine Director, Jonathan Morán, a Certified Sommelier by the Court of Master Sommeliers and includes top wine labels such as DRC La Tâche 1995, Château Latour 1990, Conterno Barolo Monfortino 1964 or Vega Sicilia Unico 1960. Morán brings nearly a decade of gourmand and hospitality experience to Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve, having previously served as the sommelier at two-Michelin star restaurant, Enoteca and prior to that, three-Michelin star, Lasarte Restaurant by Martín Berasategui. Morán has hand selected more than 650 prestigious wine labels and has curated five unique experience to create an unforgettable culinary experience.
Each experience is available for up to eight guests and lasts approximately an hour, pricing varies to each experience listed below.
- Sensory Evaluation Experience: This experience is perfect for beginners to start building their wine vocabulary. Guests can discuss the physiology of taste and evaluate the acidity, tannin, residual sugars, varietal and other structural elements of wines from La Cava. This Sensory Evaluation Experience is $200 per person.
- Chardonnay, The Queen of the White Grapes Experience: For the chardonnay lover, this experience will allow guests to explore the terroir of one of the most famous white grape varietals. The Chardonnay, Queen of the White Grapes Experience includes six wine selections that will allow guests to discover the different profiles between countries, regions and styles of the Chardonnay grape. The Chardonnay, The Queen of the White Grapes Experience is $280 per person.
- Pinot Noir, the Heartbreak Experience: The popularity of Pinot Noir is unparalleled. In this experience, guests can learn about the different styles of the wine, which is dependent on the terroir and personal desires of the wine maker. Pulling from their expansive wine cellar at La Cava, guests can taste six wines to discuss the difference between countries, regions and styles of the Pinot Noir grape. The Pinot Noir, The Heartbreak Grape Experience is $330 per person.
- The Cabernet Sauvignon Lover Experience: This experience is designed for guests with a passion for Cabernet Sauvignon. Guest will learn about the diversity of the Cabernet Sauvignon grape and how contrasting regions such as Napa Valley, Bordeaux or South Australia affect the final product. The Cabernet Sauvignon Lover Experience includes eight prestige wines and is $400 per person.
- Bespoke Wine Experiences: For guests looking to explore wine on a more advanced level, La Cava offers a Bespoke Wine Experience for guests. Guests can work with Wine Director Jonathan Morán for a customized experience focusing on anything from a region, to varietal or terroir. Pricing and duration of the Bespoke Wine Experience vary according to the request.
Wine experiences at La Cava are available for guests Tuesday through Saturday from 1:00PM to 4:00PM. Reservations for each wine experience should be reserved at least 24 hours in advance and can be completed by emailing Wine Director Jonathan Morán at email@example.com.