The Inland Ocean Coalition, in partnership with Susan Bruce Travel, is offering a trip to explore Cuba’s history, nature and people, which is open to the public.
A highlight of the 11-day trip is exploring Guanahacabibes National Park, recently named a Hope Spot by international non-profit Mission Blue “in recognition of the conservation efforts and commitments to protect this vibrant marine ecosystem,” said Dr. Sylvia Earle, founder of Mission Blue.
Based on the resounding success of the Inland Ocean Coalition’s 2018 trip to Cuba, 2019’s trip includes:
- Diving, snorkeling and exploring Guanahacabibes -- a NOAA Sister Marine Sanctuary
- Experiencing the vibrant art and music scene of the capital Havana and colonial cities Trinidad and Cienfuegos
- Swimming in waterfalls, hiking and birding with experts
- Visiting the rich Viñales Valley and its 250 million-year-old limestone mountains and local farms
- Learning what it’s like to live in Communist Cuba.
- Getting to know the infamously warm and gregarious Cubans, their struggles and resilience.
Scientists, conservations and diplomats will host travelers on this specially-curated trip with exclusive access to some of Cuba’s best-known protected areas including the stunning marine sanctuary Guanahacabibes. The group will have the opportunity to dive or snorkel in several places along the southern coast of Cuba, renowned for its healthy marine ecosystem.
“One of the ways the Inland Ocean Coalition encourages communities to take an active role in land to-sea-stewardship is through connecting inland audiences with special places to exchange experiences and best practices,” said Vicki N. Goldstein, Founder and Executive Director of the Inland Ocean Coalition. “Our goal is to merge marine science with tourism to educate and inspire travelers, support local conservation efforts, and strengthen communities through eco-tourism dollars.”
To find out more about this unique trip to Cuba see https://inlandoceancoalition.org/whatwedo/programs/landtoseatravel/
To reserve your spot or get answers to your questions, please reach out to:
Susan Bruce Travel in Denver, CO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicki Goldstein in Boulder, CO: Vgoldstein@inlandoceancoalition.org