Jet Set Pet
Family Vacation Packages
Spa & Wellness Packages
Romantic & Honeymoon Packages
Fall Travel Packages
New Year's Travel
Beach & Island Resorts
5-Star City Hotels
Adventure & Eco Lodges
Boutique City Hotels
Country House Hotels
Safari Camps & Lodges
Golf Resorts & Lodges
Spa Resorts & Wellness Retreats
Ski Resorts & Lodges
Wine Country Getaways
Hot Hotel Openings
Cruises & Yachting
Private Jet Travel
Bars & Nightclubs
Wine & Spirits
Spa & Wellness Retreats
Beach and Resortwear
Beauty and Fragrance
Luggage and Handbags
Watches & Jewelry
Wine and Spirits
World's Most Expensive
Explore New Guinea with Lindblad Expeditions
June 24, 2015
A diverse expedition above, on, and below the sea, the 20 day/17 night Exploring New Guinea: Raja Ampat, Trobriand Islands & the Asmat explores the wild and largely inaccessible terrain where art, tribal life, biology, and history come together in the most extravagant way possible. It departs September 22, 2015.
Expedition highlights include:
• Experience the cultures of West Papua, Papua, and Papua New Guinea, as you meet remote people such as the legendary Asmat and Trobriand Islanders for close encounters.
• See the artistry of the Melanesians, sought after by museums and private collectors, first-hand, with the opportunity to collect remarkable carvings and more.
• Swim, snorkel, dive, kayak, and explore via our glass-bottom Zodiac amid prolific fish and coral formations, in places that are lifetime goals of lovers of the undersea world, including Raja Ampat.
• Learn about the region's WW II history, transiting the Torres Strait, separating Australia from New Guinea, and visiting the Japanese submarine base and Yamamoto's bunker in Rabaul, Papua New Guinea.
• Discover birds and plants found nowhere else, including rare birds of paradise.
Joining the renowned team of naturalists, National Geographic photographer, undersea specialist and dive master, are four fascinating Global Perspectives guest speakers who will add a remarkable level of insight including:
• James Bradley: Bradley burst onto the national scene as an author in 2000 with his New York Times #1 best-selling book Flags of Our Fathers. Released as a motion picture in 2007 directed by Clint Eastwood, it is the companion film to the Academy Award-nominated Letters from Iwo Jima.
• Ben Cropp: Renowned filmmaker and explorer, he has produced some 150 marine and wildlife adventure documentaries televised throughout the world. He has discovered over 100 shipwrecks, including the 1977 discovery of Pandora, Australia's most important shipwreck.
• Dr. Lawrence Blair: An expert on the culture, geography and zoology of Indonesia, he has spent much of the past three decades exploring and making films in Indonesia. He wrote and presented, for Sky TV UK, the five-part series Myths, Magic and Monsters; and is also the writer, presenter and co-producer of the internationally acclaimed series Ring of Fire, (PBS & BBC) which won two Emmys.
• Valerie Taylor: Dive legend, shark chronicler, pioneering undersea photographer, filmmaker and National Geographic cover subject, Valerie, and her husband Ron Taylor, gained fame in the early days of scuba diving for their breathtaking live footage of sharks, particularly Great Whites.
Rates per person based on double occupancy in a category 1 cabin begin at $17,390 before special incentives for this voyage – 25% off all cabin fares + $2,000 air credit – and include inclusive bar tab and crew gratuities. Guests will also become a Friend for Life, entitling them to 10% off all future Lindblad voyages for life, plus other benefits.
For reservations or additional information on Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic voyages to some of the most beautiful and fascinating places on Earth, visit
, call 1-800-EXPEDITION (1-800-397-3348) or contact your travel advisor.
Sign-up for Our Email Newsletter
FIND A LUXURY HOTEL & BOOK WITH EXCLUSIVE PERKS!
Antigua & Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Papua New Guinea
St Vincent & the Grenadines
St. Kitts & Nevis
Turks & Caicos
U.S. Virgin Islands
United Arab Emirates
Food & Wine
Shopping & Fashion
Spa & Wellness
Wineries / Wine Tasting
Blue Waters Resort & Spa - Antigua - A hidden gem nestled in a private bay on Antigua's northwestern coast with sunset views
Fiesta Americana Merida - This majestic hotel is located at the crossroads of the capital's main avenues: Paseo Montejo and Colón.
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, Mexico - Adults Only, All Inclusive
The Ranch Italy at Palazzo Fiuggi - The Ranch Malibu brings its award winning wellness program just 50 minutes from Rome.
Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa - Rancho Santa Fe, California - One of the West’s most sought-after five star resorts
Hotel Saint James - Paris, France - Relais & Chateaux - The only chateau-hotel in Paris, an architectural jewel tucked away in the 16th.
Home in Italy: The Finest Collection of Luxury Villas Since 1994
Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Resorts Collection - Costa Rica
Trump International Hotel Waikiki - Five-star amenities steps from the beach
Luxo Italia - Curated Luxury Travel in Italy
Argentario Golf & Wellness Resort - Porto Ercole, Tuscany, Italy
The Luxury of Simplicity in Japan: Exceptional Resorts in Tochigi’s Nikko Area
The Kayon Jungle Resort - Ubud, Bali, Indonesia - a sanctuary of tropical indulgence.
VOYAGES MAGAZINE - Cruising the World in Style
A.M.A Selections - Luxury Villa Rentals throughout Europe
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa - Lakeside retreat 2-1/2 hours north of Toronto
Come Together Wellness - Rest, Restore & Explore on Kauai
Relais Christine - Paris, France - Relais & Chateaux - A secret, tranquil world in the heart of Paris' Left Bank
Red Savannah: Luxury Villas and Tailor-Made Holidays
JUP - Personal Service for Buying and Selling Real Estate in Jupiter, Florida
Dude Ranchers Association - An all-inclusive vacation experience like no other
Porto Zante Villas & Spa - Zakynthos, Greece - The leading villa resort in Europe