What better way for sweethearts to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with once-in-a-lifetime experiences in Scottsdale, Arizona? Extraordinary adventures, delectable cuisine, and soothing spa treatments make the occasion unforgettable.
• Lovebirds soar to new heights and create lasting memories with a private sunset (or sunrise) hot air balloon ride with Hot Air Expeditions (pictured) or Rainbow Ryders. Witness breathtaking 360 views of the valley and a champagne toast to end the journey.
• Gaze at the night sky in the Sonoran Desert with Stellar Adventures. An expert astronomer helps reveal celestial wonders like the massive Jupiter and its moons, and the distant Saturn. Get lost in celestial romance and the shimmer of stars lightyears away.
• A rare, serene experience lies at Sanctuary Camelback Mountain, A Gurney’s Resort & Spa, a resort romantic enough for Beyonce and Jay-Z’s honeymoon. Dine at elements, helmed by the twice James Beard nominated Samantha Sanz, take a dip in the infinity-edge pool, and pamper your sweetie with a spa retreat at Sanctuary Spa. For a more seclusive getaway, Castle Hot Springs is home to three soaking pools filled by the natural hot springs, and an organic farm that provides for the epicurean restaurant, Harvest.
• Tackle a new feat with a loved one by climbing the prominent landmarks, Camelback Mountain and Tom’s Thumb. Both peaks offer extensive scenery and a challenge for experienced hikers.
• Explore Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West, a UNESCO World Heritage site with a drink in hand during Sunset and Sips. Walk through the outdoor pathways of the historic site hand in hand while taking in views of the city below.
• Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale takes Valentine’s Day to the next level with the Ultimate Dinner for Two, a private dining experience under star-studded evening skies. Dinner can also include a private musician, astronomer, or a private hot air balloon to really spice things up!
• Celebrate romance at Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Bungalows with Palo Verde Spa & Apothecary’s Sweet-Tart Retreat, complete with a customized roll-on perfume that promotes love and balance, a signature massage, and toast to eternal bliss with a complimentary sweet-tart cocktail.
• Deepen connections with loved ones during CIVANA Wellness Resort & Spa’s A Path to Connection package. Curated experiences provide the space and tools to better understand, empathize, and explore acceptance and belonging.
• The gift of travel for Valentine’s Day is one of the most thoughtful. The intimate Hermosa Inn offers charm year-round with the Romance in Paradise package that includes a bottle of red or white wine and chocolate truffles.
• Reach Cloud 9 at Joya Spa at Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia with the Strawberry Chocolate Body Scrub and Chocolate Decadence Pedicure or fully indulge with the resort’s Luxury Romance package which includes sparkling wine, artisanal chocolates, and a concierge to assist with romantic requests.
• Relax as one with The Spa at Four Seasons Resort Scottsdale at Troon North’s Love Me, Love Me Not couples massage, then conclude the treatment with a glass of sparkling wine. A romantic meal at Talavera follows as Chef de Cuisine Jesus Figueroa presents exquisite cuisine for the special night.
For further Valentine’s Day trip ideas, check out some more fun picks for the holiday or this full list of dining options in Scottsdale.