Particularly in January of 2016, the U.S. searched the keywords: Yoga retreats/travel, Wellness Cruises/Retreats, Hotel with a Gym, and Zen Getaways, and Surf Retreats, a total of 373,890 times.
From May 2015-April 2016, Americans searched for wellness-related travel a total of 3,878,920 times.
Of those searches these were the top categories:
- Yoga vacations/retreats was the top searched keyword with a total of 3,108,810
- Wellness Cruises/Retreats: 308,482
- Surf Retreats: 389,050
From May 2015-April 2016, Americans looking to book a Yoga Retreat/Vacation searched a total of 517,210 times. Of those searches these were the top categories:
- Yoga Holiday Vacations: 332,843
- Best/Top Retreat: 48,360
- Those looking to book a yoga: weekend, resorts, or getaways/travel: 51,905
- International Yoga Retreats: 35,790
With summer almost here, many people are getting ready to set off on various travel adventures and this year in particular, we are seeing an increase in several travel trends including those geared towards the "health-minded" traveler.