Jet Set Pet
Family Vacation Packages
Spa & Wellness Packages
Romantic & Honeymoon Packages
Fall Travel Packages
New Year's Travel
Beach & Island Resorts
5-Star City Hotels
Adventure & Eco Lodges
Boutique City Hotels
Country House Hotels
Safari Camps & Lodges
Golf Resorts & Lodges
Spa Resorts & Wellness Retreats
Ski Resorts & Lodges
Wine Country Getaways
Hot Hotel Openings
Cruises & Yachting
Private Jet Travel
Bars & Nightclubs
Wine & Spirits
Spa & Wellness Retreats
Beach and Resortwear
Beauty and Fragrance
Luggage and Handbags
Watches & Jewelry
Wine and Spirits
World's Most Expensive
$1 Million Dollar 'Secret Solstice Festival' Experience in Iceland
April 6, 2016
Iceland’s Secret Solstice Festival made headlines in 2015 for offering up a $200,000 festival ticket for only two people – at the time, the most expensive festival ticket on Earth. Obviously intent on outdoing themselves, they’ve gone all-out in 2016 with a festival ticket that’s now on sale for the princely sum of $1 million USD. And no, that’s not a typo.
For that cash, you get a return flight in a private business jet from anywhere on the planet for you and five other guests, 24/7 access to two private luxury cars (including drivers and security) for a week in Iceland, two private concerts by prominent Icelandic musicians, helicopter transfers, complete access to the main Secret Solstice 2016 event, a private aerial tour of Iceland, access to the world’s first (and already sold out) concert inside the dormant magma chamber of a volcano, access to the world’s only party inside a glacier, private access to Iceland’s world-famous Blue Lagoon reserved for only your travel party, and so much more.
The international music festival is already boasting some world-class names on their general bill, though there will be two performances that only the purchaser of this ultra-premium ticket will be able to attend.
Part of the million-dollar ticket are two private performances during the buyer’s time in Iceland, by two different prominent Icelandic acts. Although both artist’s names are yet to be announced, one will entail an intimate show at the Reykjavík residence in which the guests will be staying, the other being a special show in the middle of an Icelandic lava field, of course with helicopter transfers to the location.
The festival states more will be announced before the event, though here is what’s currently listed as being included in the world’s most expensive festival ticket:
• Private chartered business jet (Gulfstream G300 or similar) return to Iceland from any destination on Earth for 6 people
• 24/7 access to two luxury cars, personal drivers, and private security for the entire week in Iceland
• Luxury 6-room villa for 7 nights in the center of Reykjavík over the Secret Solstice 2016 festival week
• Exclusive admittance to Secret Solstice 2016, including chaperoned access to off-limits areas of the festival site where possible
• Access to the sold out Secret Solstice presents Inside The Volcano event, the world’s first concert inside a volcano over the Secret Solstice 2016 weekend, including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
• Private viewing areas for all major acts at Secret Solstice 2016, where possible
• Access to the private VIP artists bar on the festival site, only accessible by main stage artists and super-VIP guests
• The world famous Blue Lagoon reserved privately for an evening for the ticket purchasers and their invited guests, plus helicopter transfers for the ticketholders to the Blue Lagoon from Reykjavík
• Access to the sold out Secret Solstice presents Inside The Glacier event, the world’s only event inside Langjökull glacier, including. helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
• Access to the Secret Lagoon party in a 120+ year-old geothermal lagoon (Iceland’s oldest), including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík
• Access to Secret Solstice 2016’s Midnight Sun Boat Party
• Private concert outside Reykjavík by prominent Icelandic act in a lava field, including helicopter transfers to the location
• Private show at the guests' holiday residence in Iceland by prominent Icelandic act
• Private half-day Icelandic nature helicopter tour, to experience Iceland’s incredible natural sights from the air, with champagne lunch at a geothermal hotspot
• Personal engraved and framed memorial ticket for each guest, made from Icelandic lava rock
• 24/7 access to personal assistants during your stay in Iceland
• Private Icelandic dining experience with a prominent Icelandic chef personal chef at your holiday residence on a chosen night during your stay
• Private Icelandic food experiences on site at Secret Solstice 2016 on request
• Introductions where possible to Secret Solstice 2016 artists
• All food/drinks at Secret Solstice 2016, including hyper-premium drinks
• Private whale & dolphin watching tour
• Private airplane day tour over Iceland’s south coast, including Vatnajökull glacier and the Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon
• Midnight sun glacier walk on top of a glacier in Iceland with the sun still up after midnight, including helicopter transfers from Reykjavík, and a private glacier snowmobile experience
• Private tours of any additional Icelandic holiday/tourist experiences where possible, with time permitting
• More to be announced soon!
Despite the extraordinary nature of the million dollar festival ticket Secret Solstice is offering, the event itself is already extremely special. Held over the summer solstice weekend in Iceland, the sun never fully sets over the entire event weekend, due to Iceland’s close proximity to the Arctic Circle. The incredible never-ending daylight has already resulted in the four-day event being called the most unique festival on Earth by several media outlets.
Of course, more reasonably-priced tickets are on sale for people with more modest budgets, starting at 24,900 Icelandic krona (approx. £143/$202/€177) for a full festival pass, or 34,900 Icelandic krona (approx. £200/$283/€249) for a VIP pass to the entire event.
Full details on the world’s most expensive festival ticket can be found at
Sign-up for Our Email Newsletter
FIND A LUXURY HOTEL & BOOK WITH EXCLUSIVE PERKS!
Antigua & Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Papua New Guinea
St Vincent & the Grenadines
St. Kitts & Nevis
Turks & Caicos
U.S. Virgin Islands
United Arab Emirates
Food & Wine
Shopping & Fashion
Spa & Wellness
Wineries / Wine Tasting
Blue Waters Resort & Spa - Antigua - A hidden gem nestled in a private bay on Antigua's northwestern coast with sunset views
Fiesta Americana Merida - This majestic hotel is located at the crossroads of the capital's main avenues: Paseo Montejo and Colón.
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, Mexico - Adults Only, All Inclusive
The Ranch Italy at Palazzo Fiuggi - The Ranch Malibu brings its award winning wellness program just 50 minutes from Rome.
Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa - Rancho Santa Fe, California - One of the West’s most sought-after five star resorts
Hotel Saint James - Paris, France - Relais & Chateaux - The only chateau-hotel in Paris, an architectural jewel tucked away in the 16th.
Home in Italy: The Finest Collection of Luxury Villas Since 1994
Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Resorts Collection - Costa Rica
Trump International Hotel Waikiki - Five-star amenities steps from the beach
Luxo Italia - Curated Luxury Travel in Italy
Argentario Golf & Wellness Resort - Porto Ercole, Tuscany, Italy
The Luxury of Simplicity in Japan: Exceptional Resorts in Tochigi’s Nikko Area
The Kayon Jungle Resort - Ubud, Bali, Indonesia - a sanctuary of tropical indulgence.
VOYAGES MAGAZINE - Cruising the World in Style
A.M.A Selections - Luxury Villa Rentals throughout Europe
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa - Lakeside retreat 2-1/2 hours north of Toronto
Come Together Wellness - Rest, Restore & Explore on Kauai
Relais Christine - Paris, France - Relais & Chateaux - A secret, tranquil world in the heart of Paris' Left Bank
Red Savannah: Luxury Villas and Tailor-Made Holidays
JUP - Personal Service for Buying and Selling Real Estate in Jupiter, Florida
Dude Ranchers Association - An all-inclusive vacation experience like no other
Porto Zante Villas & Spa - Zakynthos, Greece - The leading villa resort in Europe