Jet Set Pet
Family Vacation Packages
Spa & Wellness Packages
Romantic & Honeymoon Packages
Fall Travel Packages
New Year's Travel
Beach & Island Resorts
5-Star City Hotels
Adventure & Eco Lodges
Boutique City Hotels
Country House Hotels
Safari Camps & Lodges
Golf Resorts & Lodges
Spa Resorts & Wellness Retreats
Ski Resorts & Lodges
Wine Country Getaways
Hot Hotel Openings
Cruises & Yachting
Private Jet Travel
Bars & Nightclubs
Wine & Spirits
Spa & Wellness Retreats
Beach and Resortwear
Beauty and Fragrance
Luggage and Handbags
Watches & Jewelry
Wine and Spirits
World's Most Expensive
Jetiquette: Top 10 Rules for Flying Private
March 16, 2016
Victor, one of the fastest growing on-demand jet charter companies in the world, has outlined the top 10 rules for flying private. From fashion tips and party fouls to proper behavior and pets, Victor has outlined everything you want and need to know about "jetiquette".
Victor's Tips for Flying Private
Choose the right aircraft
– Every aircraft is different, with varying ranges, speeds, seats and luggage capacities, and it is important to choose the right jet to suit your needs. For example, whilst a Cessna Citation Mustang is ideal for flying to business meetings, it is not big enough to hold shopping bags from a trip to New York, or skiing equipment from a weekend in Courchevel. When traveling with Victor, our 24/7 support team and comprehensive digital platform is on hand to guide you with choosing the right aircraft for your journey. Victor has access to thousands through its global network of trusted partner operators.
Pay attention to the details
– How many flight attendants are included on the flight? Will food and alcohol be served? Are there onboard facilities i.e. Wi-Fi, toilets etc.? At Victor we clarify these details with you, making sure your jet is properly equipped for your jet charter needs. More importantly we offer total transparency through the booking process – a refreshing advancement on the traditionally opaque process of chartering jets by brokers. With Victor, compare, book and manage your flights. Know exactly what you're paying for and then, relax….
Don't arrive too early…
– Remember, private jets fly on your time. You don't need to show up 2 hours before! You should generally aim to arrive at the airport 15 minutes before your departure.
…but be on time
– A major perk of private charter is that there is no such thing as missing your flight. If you are stuck in traffic, your flight will wait for you. However, if delays cause you to incur any additional airport fees, it is likely that you will have to pay the difference so it is important to try to be on time.
– One of the perks of flying private is that your luggage can travel on the aircraft with you, so no need to wait for it to be checked in. Your bags will be carried into the cabin or the hold, depending on their size and the pilot's recommendation. Note – one soft, medium-sized piece of luggage per person is usually advised.
What you do and don't say
– People don't talk about “taking a jet,” instead they talk about “arranging to fly.” Offering someone a lift is ‘in', but you are not telling them it's your jet. Also, never ask your guests to contribute to the cost of the jet, and a guest should never offer to pay. However, group trips and holidays always help to share the cost.
– People must be careful not to exchange any goods or money when on board a private jet as it can cause a potential legal issue - the person chartering the jet is liable for anyone on board.
– The tipping etiquette when flying on a private jet is the same as in any part of the service industry – it's appreciated, but not obligatory. Gratuity largely relates to the size of the flight.
– Valid passport and visa (if necessary) are required, the same as with any commercial flight. Customs officials at your destination may be alerted to your arrival to process your documents quickly, but all international laws still apply.
Pets on jets
– Putting your pet in the hold of a commercial aircraft always carries a risk. The hold is a dark, cold and frightening place to be for your pet. Victor offers you the best possible solution for your pet to travel ‘furs class', without the unnecessary stress of having to be separated from you. What's more, very small pets fly with Victor for free. Your pet should be at least eight weeks old and must have received a rabies vaccination before traveling. Speak to the Victor team about all your special pet requirements.
Sign-up for Our Email Newsletter
FIND A LUXURY HOTEL & BOOK WITH EXCLUSIVE PERKS!
Antigua & Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Papua New Guinea
St Vincent & the Grenadines
St. Kitts & Nevis
Turks & Caicos
U.S. Virgin Islands
United Arab Emirates
Food & Wine
Shopping & Fashion
Spa & Wellness
Wineries / Wine Tasting
Blue Waters Resort & Spa - Antigua - A hidden gem nestled in a private bay on Antigua's northwestern coast with sunset views
Fiesta Americana Merida - This majestic hotel is located at the crossroads of the capital's main avenues: Paseo Montejo and Colón.
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, Mexico - Adults Only, All Inclusive
The Ranch Italy at Palazzo Fiuggi - The Ranch Malibu brings its award winning wellness program just 50 minutes from Rome.
Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa - Rancho Santa Fe, California - One of the West’s most sought-after five star resorts
Hotel Saint James - Paris, France - Relais & Chateaux - The only chateau-hotel in Paris, an architectural jewel tucked away in the 16th.
Home in Italy: The Finest Collection of Luxury Villas Since 1994
Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Resorts Collection - Costa Rica
Trump International Hotel Waikiki - Five-star amenities steps from the beach
Luxo Italia - Curated Luxury Travel in Italy
Argentario Golf & Wellness Resort - Porto Ercole, Tuscany, Italy
The Luxury of Simplicity in Japan: Exceptional Resorts in Tochigi’s Nikko Area
The Kayon Jungle Resort - Ubud, Bali, Indonesia - a sanctuary of tropical indulgence.
VOYAGES MAGAZINE - Cruising the World in Style
A.M.A Selections - Luxury Villa Rentals throughout Europe
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa - Lakeside retreat 2-1/2 hours north of Toronto
Come Together Wellness - Rest, Restore & Explore on Kauai
Relais Christine - Paris, France - Relais & Chateaux - A secret, tranquil world in the heart of Paris' Left Bank
Red Savannah: Luxury Villas and Tailor-Made Holidays
JUP - Personal Service for Buying and Selling Real Estate in Jupiter, Florida
Dude Ranchers Association - An all-inclusive vacation experience like no other
Porto Zante Villas & Spa - Zakynthos, Greece - The leading villa resort in Europe