Montage Palmetto Bluff has launched a new Veuve Clicquot Picnic + Pedal experience that is both nostalgic and luxurious. Inspired by a modern take on this classic tradition, the resort’s new gourmet picnic menus are paired with Veuve Clicquot champagnes and beautifully packaged for guests to take away on a custom Veuve Clicquot bicycle and enjoy in a relaxing Lowcountry setting. The picnic experiences will be available for guests to personalize and indulge in through the waning days of summer and beyond.
To set the scene with desired flavors, Montage Palmetto Bluff’s Executive Chef Nathan Beriau has fashioned five custom-made picnic menus from which guests can choose from:
- Lowcountry Sunrise - Smoked salmon, capers, cucumber, cream cheese; hard boiled eggs; avocado tartine, benne seed, radish, and Georgia olive oil; assortment of croissant, Danish and muffin; and freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Day Date - Canapés; melon and prosciutto “pinxtos”; blue cheese stuffed dates; black truffle deviled eggs; smoked salmon and cucumber tea sandwiches. To make it even sweeter, choose from the following treats that offer a little bit of humor and a lot of fun: silly - candy necklaces, pop rocks, and lolli-pops; or serious - dark chocolate covered strawberries, macarons, and truffles.
- Southern Parisian - Artisan cheese, goat sheep and cow; la quercia prosciutto; vegetables jardinière; homemade baguette; honeycomb, fig preserves, grapes; macarons and French broad dark chocolate.
- Kiss – Keep it Simply Southern - Guest’s choice of the following sandwich: Benton’s ham, pimento cheese, cathead biscuit; heirloom tomato, dukes mayo, country white bread; organic chicken salad, butter lettuce, croissant. Also included: pimento cheese, potato salad, pickles; half-dozen deviled eggs; chefs’ choice of seasonal salads, and seasonal whole fruit; and the resort’s famous chocolate chip and red velvet cookies.
- Seersucker & Pearls - Golden imperial osetra caviar, blinis, homemade chips and whipped crème fraiche; half-dozen of chef’s favorite oyster; half-dozen local shrimp cocktail; “snortin” hot cocktail sauce, lemon and saltines.
Guests also choose their pairing of Veuve Clicquot Champagnes, with options including Yellow Label, Brut Rosé, and “La Grande Dame” Reserve. Add-ons for any picnic include an additional half-dozen oysters; half-dozen shrimp; and caviar. Once guests are ready to ride, they can follow a map with various picturesque picnic locations on property to choose from or explore the 20,000-acre resort at leisure to find the perfect location. With a suggested three hours allotted per picnic, there is plenty of time for guests to pedal around, enjoy a delicious champagne-paired lunch and lounge on Montage branded picnic blankets.
With summer lingering until late September and fall right behind, this year-round destination offers plenty for guests to enjoy at Montage Palmetto Bluff. In addition to picnicking on property, guests can soak up the scenery of the Coastal Carolina marshlands, with salt and freshwater fishing, paddle boarding, water tubing, and more. They are also invited to explore the May River aboard the resort’s exquisite yachts including scenic cruising, wine cruising, and Saturday morning mimosas on the restored century-old boat, named Grace. Or they can stroll through the Lowcountry guided by advice from the Palmetto Bluff Conservancy, whose team is involved in local research initiatives including dolphin research, Audubon bird surveys, and more.
Reservations are available through the resort Concierge at (855) 264-8705. For more information on the new Veuve Clicquot Picnic + Pedal experience or Montage Palmetto Bluff, please visit www.montagehotels.com/palmettobluff.