The Retreat Costa Rica – a luxury wellness boutique resort perched on a high vibrational crystal mountain in Atenas – has unveiled the new 7,500-square-foot Vida Mia Healing Center and Spa adjacent to the resort’s main house. Adding to its comprehensive wellness services, the property also announced the addition of Dr. Vinod Balakrishnan, a naturopath, acupuncturist and Ayurvedic expert formerly with Taj Hotels, to its professional staff.
The brainchild of celebrity chef, bestselling author and health and wellness life coach Diana Stobo, The Retreat Costa Rica is a luxury wellness boutique resort and spa with organic gardens, lush landscapes, farm-fresh cuisine and signature wellness programs – all situated amidst the rainforest on a 50-acre crystal quartz mountain overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
Stobo says the spa embraces the metaphysical powers of the four elements – earth, water, air and fire – to offer innovative and organic therapeutic treatments to connect, nurture, protect and balance the mind and body. Each guest’s wellness program is tailored to his or her specific needs to help detox, rejuvenate and distress.
With seven treatment rooms – each named for indigenous healing crystals – Vida Mia was carefully designed with ancient Feng Shui principles, balancing energies throughout the construction of the building to optimize health, wealth, charisma, love, sex and luck. With this in mind, each light-filled treatment room is open air or has expansive windows, allowing guests to connect with the lush natural surroundings.
In addition to the treatment rooms, the spa’s upper level has changing rooms, an air-conditioned fitness facility, a covered Jacuzzi and cold-water cascade, plus an outdoor covered resting den.
Anchoring the facility is The Gratitude Lounge, a resting place with plush couches to relax, read or sip tea. The adjacent Gratitude Lounge Café and Tea Bar presents an appealing plant-based menu of snacks, smoothies, light lunches and sunset platters with organic and biodynamic wines while the Meditation Deck offers a special spot to reflect, chant, pray or be one with nature. The Quiet Pool is for resting, sunbathing and taking in Pacific Ocean vistas while waiting for the next healing treatment.
The Retreat grows and cultivates its own medicinal herbs and makes scrubs, tinctures, oil infusions and creams for therapeutic treatments at The Apothecary, which is also used for educational events.
Among the unique treatments available at Vida Mia:
- “Farm to Spa” organic and delicious edible therapies are designed with the philosophy that all food is medicine. Products are handcrafted fresh from the garden to bring an exclusive experience to nurture, relax, detox, enhance beauty and incorporate natural healing.
- The Infrared Sauna helps with detox, weight loss and circulation. This therapy consists of applying infrared heat as well as a cold compress to eyes and brows before receiving a subtle cranial massage and pressure point release.
- Chromotherapy uses colors and their frequencies to heal physical and emotional issues. It works on various energy points to help balance the body via the full spectrum of visible light, each color addressing a distinct need such as circulation, skin tone, sleep, pain, arthritis and oxidative stress.
- Turkish Hamman Bubble Ritual with Vibra Pro Detox Treatment and BEMER is a unique ritual where the body is cleansed and exfoliated in a special Vichy shower room. The whole-body vibration training consists of standing on a platform that vibrates in a designed way to stimulate hormonal, cardiovascular, lymphatic and nervous systems simultaneously. Steam therapy is introduced promptly after the vibration, and a green tea detox infusion enhances detoxification and then follows with a 60-minute detoxifying lymphatic drainage massage. The BEMER mat uses a pulsed electromagnetic field as a vehicle to deliver a specific pulsed therapy that increases circulation in small blood vessels, benefiting regenerative skills and even mental agility, relieves pain and is a preventive treatment that improves health, vitality and energy in general.
- Watsu Therapy, based on Zen Shiatsu movements, is performed in a swimsuit in a warm therapeutic pool to promote a deep, meditative state. The therapist creates a space where one can safely explore unusual states of consciousness stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS) which calms the body and mind, maintains and restores energy levels, stimulates digestion, lowers blood pressure, boosts the immune system and releases endorphins needed to combat sadness, stress and depression.
- Digital Detox is part of a series of mineral infusion crystal therapies that promote physical, emotional and spiritual healing by positively interacting with the body’s energy field. During the Digital Detox, shungite is said to absorb negative energy and EMF waves. This two-billion-year-old creation has only been found in the Karelia region of Russi and it contains fullerenes, which have the ability to purify water and act as a powerful antioxidant. A 20-minute shungite hydrotherapy bath absorbs free radicals from the radiation emitted from phones, computers and tablets. Then the therapist uses a black shungite and peppermint powder scrub to target parts of the body specifically strained from constant device use like the neck, chest, shoulder, hands and forearms. The treatment finishes with a frankincense and ylang ylang body oil rub to release EMF disturbances.
- Crystal Healing for Couples is a ritual created to strengthen a couple’s heart connection. The two-hour journey begins with a side-by-side amethyst scrub to revitalize the energetic connection between two bodies, followed by an intimate outdoor crystal infused shower to clear old energies and make room for new ones.
More information on the Vida Mia Healing Center and Spa, is available at https://www.theretreatcostarica.com/vida-mia-healing-spa.html.