Rosewood Mayakoba, the award-winning resort located in Mexico’s lush Riviera Maya and renowned for its epicurean excellence under Director of Culinary Operations Juan Pablo Loza, welcomes Mexico City restaurant Niddo for a special brunch pop-up, marking the launch of the resort’s brunch program. The first outpost outside CDMX for mother-son team Karen Drijanski and Eduardo Plaschinski, the Niddo experience will launch June 13, 2021 at Rosewood Mayakoba’s Casa del Lago restaurant for a summer residency and is available through the end of July.
Centrally located in Mexico City, Niddo is a globally inspired open-kitchen concept by mother and son chef-owners Karen Drijanski and Eduardo Plaschinski and popularly acclaimed among visitors and locals since its debut in 2018. The pair serves “comida que apacha,” or simple, fresh dishes designed to be eaten every day and reflective of their travels throughout Europe and the Middle East, as well as the family’s Polish and Jewish heritage. The special summer menu features Niddo’s fan favorite dishes, Loza’s soulful Mexican classics, and new dishes made exclusively for the collaboration including Fried Egg Slider with tehina and zatar, and Crispy Soft-Shell Crab Mollette. The one-of-a-kind culinary experience celebrates creative and comforting fare served in the serene surroundings of Casa del Lago’s lagoon-side location.
The brunch will be served Sundays throughout the summer with a menu featuring:
- Babka French Toast with orange creme fraiche
- Chocolate Waffle with chocolate ice cream and cacao nibs
- Overnight Oats with seasonal fruits
- Tropical Fruit Plate with homemade granola and Mayan honey
- Avo Smash Bagel
- Fried Chicken Sandwich
- Fried Egg Slider with tehina and zatar
- Crispy Soft-Shell Crab Mollete
- Crispy Tacos Ahogados with kastakan
- “Huevos en Cazuela” - two eggs poached in green and red sauce and served in a clay pot
- Sabroso - champagne with passionfruit and mango
- Rosewood Mayakoba Bloody Mary
- Ojo Rojo - spiced tomato-clam juice & beer
- Grapefruit Wine - grapefruit juice & rosé
- Pomegranate Orange Spritzer made with pomegranate juice & citrus soda
- Creamy Boozy Iced Coffee made with Frangelico, cold brew & cream
Niddo at Casa del Lago is located at Rosewood Mayakoba (Carretera Cancun-Playa del Carmen km 298 Solidaridad, Quintana Roo 77710). Brunch is served Sundays from 9 a.m. to noon.
For more information or to make reservations, please call +1 (877) 737-7538 (toll free from U.S. or Canada) or +52 984 875 8000. Guests can also book online here.