The St. Regis Deer Valley's roster of Ski Ambassadors reads like a “who's who” of legendary skiers, and is comprised of both Olympians and members of the U.S. Ski Team. Each Ski Ambassador brings a different specialty to the program and a wealth of knowledge about the Park City area. The following ski stars are participating in the upcoming season:
- Hannah Kearney – New for 2015, The St. Regis Deer Valley welcomes Hannah Kearney, the most decorated freestyle skiing World Cup athlete of all time. A mogul skier, Kearney won a gold medal at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver and a bronze medal at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. As an adrenaline seeker herself, Kearney will take guests on some of the most adventurous runs while providing insider tips on how to navigate the trails with the perfect speed, agility and skill.
- Kris “Fuzz” Feddersen – Recently elected to the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame, Feddersen is widely recognized as a pioneer in the sport of freestyle skiing and welcomes skiers of all levels for a customizable full mountain experience. Based on the group's skill, Feddersen will escort groups on runs of varying difficulty. As a father, Feddersen is also well-versed in the best spots for kids on the slopes. In addition to coaching the 1998 U.S. Winter Olympic Aerial Ski Team, Feddersen competed in three Olympics and numerous World Championships.
- Kaylin Richardson – A two-time Olympian, Richardson's program is designed for skiers ready for a thrill. A former alpine ski racer, Richardson has since transitioned to a big mountain skier and has also appeared in four Warren Miller films, including the most recent, Chasing Shadows, Richardson competed in the 2006 and 2010 Winter Olympics in Turin and Vancouver, finishing in the top 20 in the alpine skiing combined both times. She was the 2006 U.S. National Slalom Champion, the 2007 U.S. National Combined Champion, and the U.S. National Downhill Champion in 2007 and 2009.
- K.C. Oakley – Oakley is the top female mogul skier on the U.S. Ski Team and her program encourages guests of all skill levels to not only move outside their comfort zone, but to have fun while doing so. In 2012, Oakley won the World Cup Rookie of the Year Award, and in 2015, she further cemented her reputation as one of the world's best freestyle moguls skiers by taking first place in the Deer Valley World Cup. A highly decorated skier, Oakley's talents stretch far beyond the mountain. She holds a bachelor's degree in psychology from the prestigious University of California, Berkeley, and recently completed a master's degree in Business Administration from Westminster College. Oakley also co-founded and runs Jill's Legacy, a foundation aimed at spreading awareness about lung cancer.
- Jillian Vogtli – A two-time Olympian and 13-year member of the U.S. Ski Team, Vogtli is known for being the only woman to perform the Cork 720 during the Olympic Games. Her program at The St. Regis Deer Valley is designed to offer guests an enriched opportunity both on and off the hill, with a focus on fun and technique that is tailored to skiers of all levels. As a fitness and wellness coach, she is also available for personal training sessions and group fitness classes. Jillian has her Bachelors of Science degree in Recreation Management from the State University of New York. Come ski with Jillian and learn how high you too can fly.
- Mac Bohonnon – A lifelong skier and current member of the U.S. Ski Team, Bohonnon is known for his adventurous spirit and extensive familiarity of the Park City area. After competing at the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Bohonnon landed on the podium at every World Cup in the 2015 season, finishing number one in the World. Bohonnon is available to partner with guests of all levels and take them on an insider's tour, from sharing the secret slopes to where the locals like to relax after a day on the mountain.
“The ski season is such an incredible time in Park City, and at The St. Regis Deer Valley, we always strive to provide our guests with personalized, one-of-a-kind experiences,” said General Manager Edward Shapard. “Through the Ski Ambassador program, guests are able to interact with some of the world's greatest athletes in an electrifying atmosphere. With the addition of Hannah Kearney and the return of many familiar faces, the 2015/2016 season provides bespoke experiences to guests of all ski levels.”
Half-day excursions start at $2,000 and full-day outings start at $3,000, based on dates and availability, and can be booked through the resort's concierge. Each ski experience includes a Deer Valley Ski Instructor or Mountain Host in addition to the selected Ski Ambassador. For more information or to book a Ski Ambassador experience, call (435) 940-5858 or visit www.stregisdeervalley.com/ski-ambassador-program