The new Michelin Guide 2018 refers to the restaurant’s “quality, creativity and ability to bring flavours out of the ordinary, starting with a selection of excellent raw materials, creating dishes characterized by a very personal and recognizable figure, in which lies the greatness of its cuisine”.
Already presented with a Michelin star in 2013 – at the time becoming the youngest chef in Italy to boast a star – he is now the youngest chef in Italy to have two stars at the age of 28. Matteo Metullio and La Siriola are now one of only 400 restaurants in the world with 2 stars.
Chef comments: “When I saw a jacket with my name on and two stars at the ceremony, I felt a surge of emotion as powerful as an enormous thunderstorm in the middle of the ocean. And when I was actually on the stage, I was overwhelmed with joy and gratitude – as when the sun comes out after a thunderstorm.” He dedicated the award to Stefan Wieser and his entire family (owners of Hotel Ciasa Salares and La Siriola restaurant) for “not only their trust, but their support” adding, “I feel incredibly proud of this wonderful restaurant.”
Chef Matteo Metullio’s ‘Cold Spaghetti at 4,925 Km’
Among Metullio’s creations is ‘Cold Spaghetti at 4,925 Km’, made with a careful selection of ingredients from all over Italy – as its name suggests – and perfectly representing the Chef’s ‘True Kilometre’ philosophy (‘Km Vero’ in Italian), based on setting no geographical limits to quality.
The Wieser Family commented: “It’s incredibly emotional to gain such an important award and we want to thank all those who have supported and believed in us during this incredible journey.”
Hotel Ciasa Salares is an experiential 47-room alpine boutique hotel. Run by the Wieser Family, the resort has an exceptional food and beverage offer and bespoke seasonal experiences linked to the Ladin destination.
• How to get there: flight to Venice/Innsbruck, 90-minute drive to hotel above San Cassiano in the Sella Ronda ski region (private hotel transfers available)
• What to do: ski, ski lessons and personal training sessions, excursions, custom-made experiences, eat
• Best for: couples, single adults, foodies, adventure-types
• Highlights: family-run (3 generations) 47-room hotel, refurbished in 2015; five restaurants, one of which is La Siriola that has 2 Michelin * and is run by youngest Michelin-starred chef in Italy; 1 new green-built penthouse suite which features private sauna and open-air Jacuzzi on private terrace; in-house ski instructors and personal trainers
• Rates from: €400/night BNB, double occ.
Visit website: www.ciasasalares.it/en/