With National Yoga Month approaching in September, Arizona the ideal destination for the ultimate yoga and wellness experiences. Home to some of the most spectacular landscapes in the country, sprawling desert scenery and awe-inspiring sunsets, the destination offers a plethora of wellness enclaves and spas – perfect for travelers looking to put health and fitness at the forefront of their vacations.
Here are a number of standout offerings perfect for guests looking to relax and release their inner chakra:
- Mountain Shadows – Paradise Valley, AZ
- Breathtaking Camelback Mountain is the backdrop for Mountain Shadows’ Free Flow Nights – a complementary, all-levels yoga class on the resort’s most scenic lawn. For early birds, guests are invited to begin their day with morning Wake-up Yoga & Meditation sessions, Deep Stretch Yoga, or Yoga Flow to release tension. Find a full class schedule here.
- Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale – Scottsdale, AZ
- With nature and yoga being the quintessential pairing, Boulder’s organic garden is the picture-perfect setting for Vinyasa Yoga – an exhilarating practice to get energy flowing. Post-session, guests are invited to take a soul-centering walk around the spa’s peaceful outdoor labyrinth or enjoy a private guided meditation session; all while surrounded by stoic rocks and evergreen trees.
- Hotel Valley Ho – Scottsdale, AZ
- From a sunrise class on the Sky Line Rooftop to downward dogs at dusk on the lush Palm Court, Hotel Valley Ho offers a variety of scenic backgrounds to restore both the body and mind. For an elevated yoga experience, guests and friends may book Private Prana – an individualized and guided experience with instructor Cortney Halstead dedicated to appreciating the beauty of mindfulness and movement.
- CIVANA Wellness Resort & Spa – Carefree, AZ
- Nestled high in the Sonoran Desert and perfect for travelers looking for a soulful retreat, CIVANA offers an abundance of yoga-based sessions. From Restorative Stretch, Vinyasa and morning meditations, guests are bound to improve their body alignment, breathwork and energy flow. Find a full class schedule here.
- L’Auberge de Sedona – Sedona, AZ
- Surrounded by majestic red rocks and sycamore trees, travelers will experience a one-of-a-kind yoga session with the resort’s customized yoga. Based on a written and intuitive evaluation, guests will be taken on a distinctive journey incorporating the mind, body, and energetic practice. The unique session provides guests the option to focus on the physical, the emotional or the spiritual; based on request. Find additional private experiences here along with a full schedule of daily resort activities here.
Please find additional details on Experience Scottsdale’s website here