Free WiFi is expected at five-star hotels nowadays, and as such it’s a standard inclusion for guests of Four Seasons Resort Bali at Jimbaran Bay and Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan. But the paradox of the internet and social media can be a very anti-social holiday where our phones never leave our sides. Here, we present five exclusive Four Seasons experiences that will inspire you to be in the moment. Ranging from water blessings to high-flying yoga and surf tours, you’ll be disconnecting from the internet and reconnecting to each other and the wonderful world around you.
- Can You Keep A Secret? This exclusive temple tour is not on anyone’s bucket list. We ask guests to help us keep it that way, by resisting the urge to post the temple on social media. If you agree, our guide will take you on a scenic three-hour tour from Four Seasons Sayan in an open-air vintage VW through nearby yet untouched rice farming villages. Visit historic sites include a secluded water temple where you are welcome to bathe, or simply to enjoy the serene and undiscovered atmosphere far from selfie sticks.
- Learn to surf in the sheltered confines of Jimbaran Bay or take a boat trip to explore Bali’s world-class breaks with Tropicsurf’s coaches and guides. On-site at Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay, the Tropicsurf philosophy is based on small groups (maximum four people) and avoiding the crowds to take your surfing to the next level, faster. For the ultimate adventure, take Asia’s only heli-surfing tour to ride uncrowded waves in pristine conditions off the east coast of Java.
- Bali is home to thousands of beautiful Hindu temples. We invite you to go beyond the most famous landmarks and explore hidden gems like the Goa Gong 9th century cave temple. Open to visitors by appointment only, this natural archaeological site is nearby Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay. Our resort priest Ajik Ngurah will be your guide to explore the cave’s shrines and stalactites, and can also arrange a melukat water purification ritual. Not something you want to be holding your phone for!
- Discover the beauty of the Ayung – Bali’s longest river and part of the ancient UNESCO World Heritage-listed subak irrigation system. Our guided Four Seasons Private Rafting Adventure takes you through easy rapids flanked by virgin jungle, rice terraces and majestic gorges. Hop out of your raft and let yourself float down a quiet and calm stretch of the river, gazing up into the canopy overhead. Make a riverside landing directly at Four Seasons Sayan, where we’ll be waiting to welcome you back home.
- Experience the intimacy of Trust Yoga, the newest addition to the inspiring wellness program at Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay. Head to the ocean-front yoga pavilion and partner up with your soul mate, a friend or relative. Take turns being guide and flier, with postures that both require and build trust, strengthening your bond to each other and extending your practice. Our yoga instructor will lead each couple through this joyful 75-minute class, adapting postures to suit all levels. A fun way to connect emotionally and physically to someone special in your life, and a reminder that the best connections are human connections.
Showcasing Bali at its authentic best, Four Seasons offers two distinct experiences. The iconic all-villa beach retreat of Four Seasons Jimbaran Bay cascades down 34 acres of hilly headland and tropical water gardens adorned with hundreds of statues and shrines, to the sparkling Indian Ocean. Signature experiences include onsite Cooking Academy, a curative journey at The Healing Village Spa, surfing tours with Tropicsurf, and all-day dining and beach club at Sundara. In the central highlands near Ubud, Four Seasons Sayan invites you to an intimate hideaway nestled between two rivers. The entrance to this architectural icon is via a footbridge high above the treetops, which brings you to a stunning rooftop lobby pond to start your descent into paradise. Retreat from the world in spacious suites and private villas submerged in the jungle. Visit Sacred River Spa for chakra-rebalancing treatments, meet the resident Wellness Mentor for meditation and Life Talks, and take a private rafting journey down the Ayung River.