Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui, is the epitome of scenic luxury spanning 22 meticulously landscaped acres at the closest proximity to ocean’s edge in all of Maui.
Other noteworthy highlights include:
- The resort features five pools across three spectacular pool experiences, including private floating cabanas and the longest waterslide on Maui.
- Immersive Cultural Experiences: Te Au Moana, meaning “The Ocean Tide” Luau, transports guests on a cultural journey through Hawaii’s history with song, dance, and traditional culinary fare. Additional cultural experiences for all ages include lei making, Ulu Maika (bowling), Ohe Kapala (bamboo stamping), ukulele lessons and the Hawaiian Outrigger canoe experience.
- Family-Friendly Offerings: The expansive NALU pool offers four water slides, splash zones, a swim-through grotto and spacious family cabanas. The resort is also known for their Keiki Kids Club for children 5–12 and GameSpace which features foosball, billiards, shuffleboard and vintage arcade games.
- Dining: Distinctive dining options showcasing locally sourced ingredients range from the signature Humble Market Kitchin by Celebrity Chef Roy Yamaguchi to Mo’Bettah, a poolside food truck offering Hawaiian classics like tuna poke and fish tacos. Menus throughout the resort feature thoughtful treats like Kiyo Miller’s Famous Banana Bread. Kiyo is a Maui local and long-time team member at Wailea Beach Resort!
- Fitness + Wellness: Every experience has a unique Maui twist, from fitness classes like “Coco Yoga” where yogis use local coconuts as props and hydrate with the coconut’s water after, to the Awaken in Wailea experience, a morning of curated wellness activities such as a 60-minute lomi lomi massage with meditative soundwave therapy produced by Tibetan singing bowls and a flavor-forward Chef’s menu celebrating locally sourced ingredients.
- Sustainability: Wailea Beach Resort invested $2 million to build a rooftop solar farm that will generate an estimated solar production of 663,162 kWh in the first year. The energy generated by the solar farm will reduce the use of oil by 1,086 barrels annually. Guests also receive complimentary reusable keepsake water bottles that can be refilled at filtered water stations throughout the resort. Learn more here.
- Romantic Moments: Couples can enjoy private candlelit oceanfront experiences, floating cabana dinners and bespoke picnics at the closest proximity to the ocean’s edge in Maui via the hotel’s partnership with Maui Luxe Picnics. Picnics are complete with romantic lighting, rugs/blankets, pillow cushions, fresh flowers and gourmet grazing platters, perfect for proposals, anniversaries, birthdays and more.
- Weddings, Meetings and Events: With Wailea Beach Resort’s special position steps away from the Pacific Ocean, weddings, meetings and events feature waves, spectacular sunsets or, season permitting, frolicking humpbacks. Marriott Certified Planners complete demanding coursework and are qualified to coordinate weddings, meetings and events of all types.
- Points / Rewards: Wailea Beach Resort is a favorite among Marriott Bonvoy members; in fact, it's the #1 most redeemed Marriott property in all the U.S.
Image credit: Wailea Beach Resort