Mark Barone and Marina Dervan run an arts-based charity, An Act of Dog, Museum of Compassion in Corrales, New Mexico, and also have a beautiful vacation cottage that welcomes pets and supports their charity.
PBS filmed them for 4 years and recently aired a documentary about their work for change.
This is an elegant, rustic cottage on a 2.5 acre, park-like setting in the heart of Corrales, New Mexico. Take a short stroll to the enchanting village shops, farmers market, and top-notch restaurants and return home to an evening sky with a blanket of stars.
100% of booking fees are donated and paid directly to the charity, An Act of Dog. Guests are welcome to visit their art studio to learn more about how they create and use art for social impact. They also offer creative retreats for artists/writers.
Relax, reflect and rejuvenate in this historic, newly renovated, stand-alone, 800 sq.ft adobe cottage nestled in a lush oasis in the middle of the New Mexico Desert. Enjoy breakfast on your private patio with 360 degree views of nature or chill out with over 150 TV channels/movies. Enjoy this private, gated property, set over 100 yards from the main house, giving you complete privacy, yet, close enough to get any additional needs met and all in a safe and serene neighborhood.
* 1 Queen-sized bed
* 1 Double-sized plush convertible futon sofa bed in the living room.
* 600 thread-count cotton sheets
* Linen Blackout Curtains
* Plush oversized bath sheets
* Premium Keurig coffee pods, from Starbucks to Newman's Own organic brew.
* Electric Tea Kettle with Organic Black Tea, Green Tea & Herbal Teas
* High-Speed Internet
* Over 150 TV/Movie Channels
* Reverse Osmosis healthy water
* Fully equipped kitchen for a cook's delight
* Green Power Twin Gear Cold Press Juicer
* Excalibur Dehydrator
* Premium Vitamix Blender
* Organic Olive Oil, Premium Balsamic and Apple Cider Vinegars
* Himalayan Pink Salt and Organic Pepper
* Your own Washer /Dryer & Natural Laundry Detergent/Dryer Balls
* 2 zones, mini-split Heating & AC units
* 2 Yoga Mats
* 2 AllerEase mattress protector for unsurpassed protection from dust mites, pollen, bed bugs, pet dander and other household allergens that can trigger allergies.
* Organic & Natural shampoo, conditioner, body wash & Lotion
* Q-Tips, Face cleansing Pads and Cotton Balls
* Hot/cold gel Eye Mask
* Natural, essential oil Deodorant & uplifting & hydrating Facial Mist
* Natural Face Cleanser/ Make-up Remover, Tweezers, and Hand Sanitizer.
* Shaving Cream, Razor, Floss, Toothbrush and Natural Toothpaste
* Hairdryer, Flat Iron, Hair Clips, Hair towel and Shower Cap
* No-touch, germ-free sensor trash bin
* Extra blankets, sheets, and pillows
* Light therapy unit for fine lines and skin regeneration
* Brookstone, plug-in massager for tight muscle release & relaxation
* All Pets welcome as part of the family
* Dog Door
* Gallery of Pet Portraits
* Separate Toilet from Bath/Shower
* Squatty Potty
* Fresh Orchids in every room
Feel free to walk the land and play with your pets!
1.5 acres are completely enclosed and safe for your pet to roam.
Interaction with guests
Mark and Marina live over 100 yards from your cottage, giving you complete privacy, yet, they are available 24/7 to assist you with any of your needs.
Other things to note
* With a security deposit in place, you will be charged for any damages to the property to help keep this a pet-friendly cottage.
* Additional pet sitting services are available enabling you to enjoy touring the village, going up in the tram, visiting museums and shopping without worry! Payment can be made to the charity during your stay.
Rent on Airbnb