Acqualina Resort & Residences has partnered with Bal Harbour Shops in a creative way to support social distancing at the ultra-luxury resort located in Miami’s Sunny Isles Beach. Four mannequins elegantly dressed by some of the designer boutiques from the luxury shopping mecca will be seated in the impressive lobby of Acqualina Resort to maintain social distancing as guests linger throughout the indoor space.
“It’s a unique collaboration and helps us reinforce our health and safety measures,” said Deborah Yager Fleming, CEO and Partner of Acqualina Resort & Residences. “With Bal Harbour Shops located in close proximity from our resort and being the epitome of fashion, it was a natural fit and we couldn’t think of a better partner.”
The collaboration will launch with the mannequins dressed in the exquisite collections by two of the boutiques at Bal Harbour Shops: Akris, the Swiss-brand featuring sleek pieces for career-oriented women around the world, and Ermanno Scervino, the Italian womenswear line characterized by sensual glamour and feminine flourishes. This ongoing collaboration with Bal Harbour Shops will feature a variety of fashion brands to be announced.
“We are excited to partner with Acqualina Resort & Residences on this creative fashion project as during these challenging times it is essential to be able to pivot and respond with innovative solutions,” said Matthew Whitman Lazenby, President and CEO of Whitman Family Development, LLC, owner and operator of Bal Harbour Shops. “The cornerstone of Bal Harbour Shops’ storied success has been our emotional connection with our guests and our community. The safety and health of our customers, employees and tenants will always be our top priority.”
Acqualina Resort reopened on June 15 with enhanced safety and cleanliness practices providing guests, residents and team members with confidence and assurance that their well-being is a top priority. The mannequins are in addition to other safety measures including:
- A non-contact temperature check for all guests, residents and team members
- Guests are required to wear a face covering when traversing throughout the property
- Personal protective equipment and enhanced training are provided to all team members
- Hand-sanitizer dispensers — touchless wherever possible — are placed throughout the resort
- Six-foot distancing measures between individuals, groups and staff are required at all times
- Social distancing mats located throughout the property
- The resort complies with all occupancy limits mandated by local and/or state authorities.
For more information, visit www.acqualinaresort.com or call (305) 918 8000.