An expert on the region, Wineland has been programming adventure travel to Tanzania for 35 years. Her hand-crafted itinerary invites women on an 12-day/11-night journey to discover Tanzania's Secret Serengeti.
Committed to both the land and people of the region, Wineland has spearheaded environmental conversation initiatives in Eastern Serengeti and co-founded Focus on Tanzanian Communities (FOTZC), an organization that supports education, women's empowerment, health care and other development initiatives in Tanzania. Judi will unveil her off-the-beaten-path itinerary, bringing fellow travelers up close for an immersive insider's experience.
Highlights of the May 19-31, 2017 itinerary includes:
• Witness breathtaking wildlife in the best-known wildlife sanctuary in the world, encountering lions, leopards, cheetahs, African elephants, giraffes, hippos and more.
• Explore the region's legendary landscapes and eco-systems with expert-guided expeditions through the Great Rift Valley, Ngorongoro Crater and Serengeti Plain.
• Accommodation in stunning private tented camps, including two-nights accommodation at Gibbs Farm- voted #2 hotel in Africa and the Middle East in Condé Nast Traveler's 2016 Readers' Choice Awards.
• Meet the semi-nomadic Maasai people by visiting one of Judi's friends at her "boma" (a settlement of circular mud homes) and a local school.
• Connect with the trail-blazing Enjipai Women's Group, a collaborative formed by Maasai women with great entrepreneurial spirit.
Prices start at $6,995 per person, based on double occupancy.
For more information on Judi Wineland's Secret Serengeti itinerary, please visit: www.adventurewomen.com/adventure-vacation/tanzania-secret-serengeti
For a full list of programs, please visit: www.adventurewomen.com/adventure-vacations