AKA Central Park, the originators of the outdoor hotel bedroom, is offering a private Midsummer Night’s Dream for the summer. What better way to celebrate love, life and folly than through the works of William Shakespeare from your own private, outdoor aerie to “glance from heaven to earth” (A Midsummer Night’s Dream). All New York’s a Shakespearean stage this summer with no less than 14 productions of the great bard’s work.
AKA Central Park’s romantic and contemporary outdoor summer celebration includes:
- One-night accommodations in one of AKA Central Park’s two, light-filled Sky Suites, each with its own 1,500-square-foot wraparound terrace with a wood-burning fireplace, located on the private 17th floor.
- A selection of Shakespeare’s plays to read by the outdoor fireplace surrounded by candles, as in the Golden Age of Elizabeth when the poet was alive.
- Taste the great playwright’s words with Othello-inspired cake and ale. “Do you think because you are virtuous, that there shall be no more cake and ale?” (Othello)
- Two tickets to the not-to-be-missed 64th Annual Shakespeare in the Park at The Public Theatre in nearby Central Park. The summer series kicks off with a re-imagined “Much Ado About Nothing” with an all-black cast (until June 23) followed by “Coriolanus” (July 16 through August 11) and concludes with a new adaptation of the Disney film “Hercules” (August 31 through September 8). Performances are Thursdays through Sundays; tickets are based on availability.
- Catalina picnic basket set filled with European-style sandwiches and treats from AKA Central Park’s a.café to enjoy during the live performance.
- A dozen red roses set by the fire to mark Juliet’s fateful words of love to Romeo: "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." (Romeo & Juliet)
- A set of Shakespeare pencils and a Shakespeare quote journal with blank pages so you can find your inner bard from the quietude of your AKA Central Park aerie.
To book your AKA Central Park Midsummer Night’s Dream, available through September 8, 2019 and starting at $2,220 a night, call 646-744-3100, or visit https://www.stayaka.com/a-midsummer-nights-dream