Atlantis Paradise Island is going bigger and bolder in 2022 by announcing multimillion-dollar renovations and exciting new partnerships at the iconic resort located on five miles of white sand beaches in The Bahamas. For nearly 25 years, Atlantis, best known for exuding Bahamian culture, serving as a marvel and custodian of marine life, and its landmark pink architecture – specifically the highly recognizable Royal Towers and Bridge Suite - has paved the way for luxury, hospitality and entertainment in the Caribbean and around the world. Now the resort is raising the bar even higher by embarking upon a new chapter with an array of massive upgrades and striking enhancements that include the redevelopment of The Beach Tower and all Royal Tower guestrooms and suites, a reimagined Atlantis Casino, and the addition of another Michelin-starred chef to its already impressive dining roster.
Stunning accommodations, innovative cuisine, and dynamic experiences travelers will experience from Atlantis Paradise Island, the most famed and fantastical island destination.
Caribbean’s premier culinary destination
- Chef Michael White, the multi-starred New York Times and Michelin recognized Italian chef, and former chef/owner of prominent dining destinations Convivio, Alto, Ai Fiori and Marea in New York City, will join Nobu Matsuhisa and José Andrés, making Atlantis the only resort in the region to boast three Michelin star-rated chefs. The four-time James Beard Award nominee will serve modern coastal Italian cuisine at his latest outpost, Paranza at The Cove, expected to open this year.
- Pita, a Mediterranean-style beachside concession situated near Atlantis’ renowned Aquaventure, offers homemade shawarma, falafel, chilled bites, dips, salads, and desserts- an ideal spot to satisfy all-day cravings.
Blending Bahamian hospitality and comfort with superior design
- Renovation of all guestrooms and suites in The Royal East Tower will be complete by summer 2022, closely followed by newly renovated rooms and suites in The Royal West Tower. Design elements celebrate the natural seascape of aquamarine waters, white-sand beaches, and coral reefs to inspire a soothing environment where guests can relax and unwind.
- The Royal’s world-famous Bridge Suite is on track for total renovation and completion next year. The epitome of relaxed luxury on a grand scale, the design elements will include bold, organic, rich and opulent textures and details that reflect the legend of Atlantis and its oceanic design motif found throughout the resort. Gold finishes will remind guests of found treasures of the lost city of Atlantis.
- Looking beyond 2022, in partnership with David Grutman of Groot Hospitality, Atlantis will open a brand-new “oasis within an oasis,” resort dubbed Somewhere Else. Replacing the current site of The Beach Tower, this unique oceanfront escape, opening in 2024, will offer 400 guestrooms and suites alongside top-tier dining venues, lushly landscaped grounds, multiple pools, recreation areas, upscale amenities, and live performances—all within easy reach of the myriad of dining and entertainment options synonymous with Atlantis.
A WORLD-CLASS WONDERLAND
Fostering fun and leisure with experiential moments
- The Atlantis Casino will undergo a refresh that will include modern finishes, shimmering textures, celestial fixtures, and flowing lines echoing the refractions of the sea. Upon entering the Atlantis Casino, guests will be welcomed with a grander and even more elegant sense of space. Other updates will include the expansion of the Atlantis Casino’s two on-site lounges, an exciting high-limit slots lounge, and an expansion of the exclusive gaming salon.
- The Cove, the resort’s luxury all-suite hotel, recently debuted the Lapis Club Lounge offering breathtaking views of Paradise Island, daily breakfast, hors d’oeuvres, and a full-service bar. The hotel also introduced Sapphire Services, new bespoke concierge offerings, including bookable experiences such as intimate beach dinners, exclusive programming at the resort’s 14-acre marine mammal habitat - Dolphin Cay, and private cabanas. The ever-popular adults-only Cove Pool will also undergo a refresh.
- Splashers, the pool and water playground for Atlantis’s youngest guests, will be adding thrilling slides, climbing areas, and more later this year.
- Atlantis Blue Project Foundation (ABPF), the resort’s nonprofit and conservation organization, celebrates its 15th anniversary. Since its inception in 2007, the foundation has been a longstanding environmental leader in The Bahamas, creating coral nurseries to propagate corals, cultivating and donating hundreds of mangroves each year to help restore wetlands around The Bahamas, educating the local community about ocean conservation and more.