Azamara has created a variety of unique people-to-people shore excursions in Cuba. Travelers can enjoy the destination from sunup to sundown – exploring historic sites by day, followed by mojitos and sultry Cuban music in the evening. Multiple overnights also allow guests the opportunity to experience the destination at night when the cobblestone streets are filled with music from salsa clubs, the scent of hand rolled Cuban cigars, and delicious local cuisine.
Shore Excursion offerings feature a variety of experiences including a visit to the open air cabaret, Tropicana, a Nelson Dominguez art gallery tour, Havana by classic car along the Malecón waterfront and Hemingway’s Havana, with more experiences coming soon. All tour programs offered by Azamara are designed to meet U.S. requirements for travel to Cuba.
Two New Cuban Ports of Call
- Cienfuegos: Known as La Perla del Sur (Pearl of the South), Cienfuegos sits on the south-central coast of Cuba. Cienfuegos translates to "100 fires” and the town adds a bright light to this fascinating country.
- Santiago de Cuba: Perched on the Caribbean Sea southeast of the capital of Havana is Santiago de Cuba. The soul of Cuba’s second largest city is bustling, diverse and bursting at the seams with fascinating history and cultural life.
Six Opportunities to Experience Cuba
Azamara’s full list of Cuba itineraries for 2017 and 2018 is below. Demand is high, so travelers are encouraged to book early.
- Havana Discovery Voyage: Departing on November 20, 2017 (10-Night Miami to Miami)
- Havana Getaway Voyage: Departing November 27, 2017 (4-Night Miami to Miami)
- Panama Canal & Costa Rica Voyage: Departing January 4, 2018 (11-Night Miami to Costa Rica)
- Cuba Intensive Voyage: Departing March 9, 2018 (10-Night Miami to Havana); Features two overnights in Havana
- Cuba & Grand Cayman Voyage: Departing March 19, 2018 (7-Night Miami to Miami)
- Cuba Intensive Voyage: Departing March 28, 2018 (10-Night Miami to Miami); Features two overnights in Havana
Azamara Club Cruises® is a boutique up-market cruise line operating two 690 guest ships, the Azamara Journey and the Azamara Quest. Azamara’s wide selection of Destination Immersion® signature programming offers guests the opportunity to Stay Longer and Experience More, delivering guests authentic cultural experiences across the globe. The ship’s smaller size allows for visits to ports larger ships are unable to venture to. In 2017, Azamara will take guests to more than 200 ports, in 68 countries, including 195 late night stays and 82 overnights. Azamara’s commitment to Destination Immersion coupled with exceptional onboard service offers a unique cruise vacation.
More information: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/destinations/cuba