The Balmoral, a Rocco Forte hotel in Edinburgh, has launched a new package for parents-to-be in celebration of the British Royal Family’s new arrival this spring. For the ultimate pre-baby vacation, The Balmoral’s Babymoon Package combines the romance of Scotland’s historic capital with tailored touches developed for expectant parents. This exclusive package includes a two-night stay in the hotel’s Balmoral Suite (named after The Queen’s Scottish home, Balmoral Castle) and features an array of relaxing and nourishing activities for the parents-to-be including a bespoke city walk and an opportunity to trace their family tree.
The Balmoral’s Special Treatment
With its rolling hills and vertiginous streets, majestic buildings and pretty Georgian streets, Edinburgh is best explored on foot. Thanks to The Balmoral’s partnership with Hunter Boots, babymooners can now traverse the ancient cobbled closes in comfort with a complimentary pair of Hunter’s Balmoral boots. On arrival to the hotel, guests will find their boots and a bespoke walking map of the city waiting for them. In addition, the couple will receive a pair of Hunter Original Kids First Classic Gloss Wellington Boots in pink, blue or yellow and a personalized Johnstons of Elgin Fairisle Cashmere Baby Blanket as treasured keepsakes from the trip.
After exploring the city, couples can head back to the hotel and enjoy The Balmoral’s Afternoon Tea. Here guests can sit back and reflect on their pregnancy journey over the delicate finger sandwiches, homemade scones and expertly poured tea that make up this quintessentially British tradition loved by the royals.
In the evening, couples are invited to unwind at Bar Prince with either a Morning Star mocktail (made with refreshing orange, lemon and grapefruit juice mixed with raspberry syrup) or a Prince Royal Champagne cocktail. To further pamper the mother-to-be and combat post travel fatigue, the babymoon offering includes a calming Made for Life Organic Maternity Massage Experience, a full body massage fit for any royal.
Family Tartan & Clan Tour
As part of The Balmoral’s Babymoon Package, couples can meet The Balmoral’s Tartler Butler to track down their family tree to hang in the nursery or identify their family tartan and have a kilt made for their new arrival. For those looking to delve further into their Scottish ancestry, guests can create their family trees or book a tailored Tartan Butler Clan Tour that traces their family's journey in notable ancestral sights throughout Scotland. This special experience will give families-to-be a sense of their heritage to pass onto future generations.
The Balmoral’s Babymoon Package starts from £3,500 per couple. Offer includes:
- A two-night stay in The Balmoral Suite for two people on a bed and breakfast basis
- Up to two pairs of Hunter Balmoral boots as a take home gift from the hotel
- One pair of Hunter Original Kids First Classic Gloss Wellington Boots (size 4 - 1)
- Johnstons of Elgin Fairisle Cashmere Baby Blanket in a choice of pink, natural and neutral
- A walking route of Edinburgh city centre created by The Balmoral Spa’s personal trainer
- The Balmoral’s Afternoon Tea for two people
- A choice of one mocktail and one Prince Royal from Brasserie Prince
- Made For Life Organic Maternity Massage Experience for one
- Access to The Balmoral’s Tartan Butler who can provide advice on how to identify a family tartan, make an appointment for a kilt fitting and book a bespoke consultation to trace a family tree or book a clan tour
The Balmoral’s Babymoon Package is subject to availability at the time of booking. Gifts must be ordered five working days in advance. T&Cs apply
For more information on The Balmoral please visit:
For reservations, enquiries please contact:
or call +44 131 556 2414