The Rainforest is a signature innovation by Banyan Tree Spa and features invigorating hydrothermal experiences infused with time-honored Asian wellness philosophy.
Launched in 2008 at Banyan Tree Spa Sanya in China and also featured at Banyan Tree Mayakoba in the Riviera Maya, The Rainforest combines unique wellness and rejuvenation concepts through a trail of state-of-the-art hydrothermal therapies and facilities. Creating a tropical rainforest effect, the hydrothermal circuit is a calming haven dedicated for holistic rejuvenation.
Spanning 22,390 square feet, The Rainforest at Banyan Tree Spa Al Wadi is the largest within the Banyan Tree Group. Its textured sand-colored interiors also provide a soothing sense of place amidst its desert surroundings. The Rainforest trail is an experiential journey through 16 unique hydrothermal therapy experiences*: Rain Walk, Sole Therapy, Aroma Steam, Nature's Glow & Touch, Bucket Drench Shower, Sensory Shower, Affusion Shower, Brine Cavern, Grotto Steam, Ice Igloo, Herbal Sauna, Sauna, Tropical Rain Shower, Sole Therapy Cross-Current Walk, Vitality Pool and Hammam.
Guests can complete the unique hydrothermal experience with the Rainforest Indulgence package (180-minute session), which combines The Rainforest experience with a choice of body massage delivered by the intuitive touch of the skillful therapists of Banyan Tree Spa. All spa therapists are certified and have received more than 300 hours of rigorous theoretical and practical training at Banyan Tree Spa Academy in Phuket, Thailand.
Banyan Tree Spa Al Wadi features 10 indoor treatment pavilions with twin spa beds, including six Deluxe Pavilions with attached shower room with steam and four Royal Pavilions each with a hydro-jet bathtub, outdoor shower and Rainmist room for pampering Tropical Rainmist experiences. The adjoining Banyan Tree Gallery retails an indulgent selection of spa merchandise including aromatic essential oils, massage oils and incense, Banyan Tree signature ceramic oil burners and candleholders, and pampering bath collections, so that guests may re-create the home spa experience.
Located in the tranquil Wadi Khadeja, the protected enclave of the sturdy evergreen ghaf trees, Banyan Tree Al Wadi is the first luxury desert spa resort in the UAE that offers an all-pool villa concept and a 42,625-square-foot Asian-inspired hydrotherapy spa within its own nature reserve; as well as a beach club, an 18-hole championship golf course and extensive recreational facilities. A 45-minute drive from Dubai International Airport and 12.5 miles from Ras Al Khaimah city centre, the resort offers nearby residents and hotel guests a unique retreat that blends romance and serenity, an Arabian oasis of indulgence.
The Rainforest trail at Banyan Tree Spa Al Wadi is an experiential journey featuring:
1. Rain Walk – A series of cleansing showers of moderately increasing temperatures at the start of the trail
2. Sole Therapy – A pebbled pond with alternating hot and cold water pockets
3. Aroma Steam – Each of the two steam capsules offer a unique scent
4. Nature's Glow and Touch – A rejuvenating salt scrub ritual in an aromatic setting where one can exfoliate dead skin for increased circulation and cell renewal
5. Bucket Drench Shower – An invigorating icy splash that is an ideal post-steam treatments
6. Sensory Shower – Jets of water come from above and the sides for an invigorating massage
7. Affusion Shower – Offers a warm Summer Steam, cold Artic Mist or Tropical Rainbow option alongside vivid lighting effects
8. Brine Cavern – A salt-infused steam cabin that opens up the nasal passage
9. Grotto Steam – The high humidity steam and therapeutic scented aroma aid detoxification
10. Ice Igloo – Awaken the senses with a cold rub-down with ice crystals or a rain shower
11. Sauna – The heat induces detoxification and improves circulation.
12. Herbal Sauna – Comes with an aromatic scent within the heated space
13. Tropical Rain Shower – Combines scent, lighting and varying water temperatures for a heightened shower experience
14. Sole Therapy “Cross-Current Walk” – A small pool where guests walk against the current for a light exercise
15. Hammam – Features four individual cabins, as well as a shower and a bubbling jet pool to refresh the senses
16. Vitality Pool – The indoor pool features six different acupressure jet stations, with heated wooden loungers for relaxation at the end of the trail.
Guests who stay in Banyan Tree Al Wadi or book any 120-minute spa packages with Banyan Tree Spa Al Wadi will enjoy one complimentary 60-minute Rainforest Experience. Rates for Banyan Tree Al Wadi start from US$700++. For reservations and enquiries, please contact Banyan Tree Spa Al Wadi at +971 7 206 7777, email email@example.com or visit banyantreespa.com.