Do you find yourself nonstop daydreaming about a summer vacation? Obsessively “liking” every gorgeous travel post on Instagram? You might be suffering from SVS - Summer Vacation Syndrome. The cure? Booking an Auberge Adventure. Auberge Resorts Collection boasts a bevy of incredible resorts and experiences that I'd love to put on your radar - everything from private helicopter tours to swim with whale sharks and snorkel the reefs of Mexico, camel tours in Cabo, overnight camping on your own private island in Fiji, fly fishing in Telluride, hot air balloon festivals in Aspen, and so much more.
Dramatically set on the bluffs overlooking two private coves at Punta Ballena, Esperanza, An Auberge Resort is the only private beach resort in Cabo and offers intimate casita-style accommodations perfect for couples as well as expansive luxury villas and residences ideally suited for families and groups of friends.
- Standout Experiences: Helicopters, yachts and diving. Explore the stunning coast from sea and sky with a private helicopter tour and taking in the scenic views of the Pacific Ocean, Sea of Cortez and the Arch then take to the seas sailing, swimming with whale sharks and sea lions or snorkeling along the reef.
Esperanza’s sister resort, Chileno Bay Resort & Residences, opened in February 2017 and offers the perfect escape for families, groups of friends and active couples.
- Standout Experiences: ATV Tours and Camel Safaris - Enjoy the beauty of nature driving through the desert, mountains, canyons, a huge dry stream and a beautiful beach with sand dunes and spectacular ocean side cliffs. The Outback & CamelSafari is an unforgettable eco-adventure. In small groups, off-road Unimogs trucks take you deep into the heart of the Baja outback on a voyage of discovery and wonder. Spectacular views, knowledgeable guides, delicious cuisine and an exciting beach camel ride in Rancho San Cristobal make this an exclusive adventure in the Baja.
Located in the heart of Aspen, Hotel Jerome continues to retain its identity as one of the great hotels of the American West and this June, the national landmark will debut the results of an ambitious enhancement project that aims to marry Aspen’s past and future by converting the 140-year-old Aspen Times printing house into a character-rich event space, injecting new life into Aspen’s favorite outdoor living space and adding a seductive new underground bar – Bad Harriet – beneath the street-level former newspaper building.
- Standout Experiences: Snowmass Balloon Festival - Each September, the Snowmass Balloon Festival fills the sky with one of the highest-altitude hot air balloon events in the country. Over three days, 30 pilots compete in challenges such as a distance race that covers the whole Roaring Fork Valley.
The premier resort in Telluride is one of the most desirable year-round destinations for authentic adventures; surrounded on three sides by the dramatic 14,000-foot peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Madeline provides the perfect basecamp for adventure.
- Standout Experiences: Mushroom Dinners - Guests can indulge their inner foodie as they accompany a mushroom expert and world-renowned Chef William Nolan on horseback as they forage for rare truffles and later participate in a dinner where the mushrooms collected from that day’s trip will be incorporated into sinful dishes.
The quintessential South Pacific paradise set along the coastline of Fiji’s main island Viti Levu, offering a sanctuary for relaxation and discovery with 24 Fijian-style suite and villa accommodations, innovative dining, secluded beaches, and a luxury Fiji spa.
- Standout Experiences: Overnight Camping on Your Own Private Island in Fiji - depart Nanuku, Auberge Resort Collectionto its own 2-acre “Nanuku Island” to be left with your own private island for the evening that includes a white sandy beach and lush forest for Jurassic style scenery. A customized BBQ dinner will be waiting followed by evening bonfire to ensure you have a truly unforgettable Fijian night. Safari tents are set up if “glamping” is your style, or most guests choose to sleep under the stars in hammocks. (Price: $2,000 for up to 4 people)