Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa, San Diego, CA
Spanning 45 lush acres of gardens, trails, olive groves, casitas and more, Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa is a Mediterranean inspired, all-suite property that offers the finest accommodations, service and programming that San Diego has to offer. In Fall 2012, Rancho Valencia—Southern California’s only Relais & Châteaux property— reopened to guests after a 10-month, $30 million property-wide renovation. Rancho Valencia is located 90 miles south of Los Angeles, 30 minutes north of downtown San Diego and a short drive from the warm and sunny beaches of Del Mar and La Jolla. With its prime location in sunny San Diego, Rancho Valencia is the perfect destination for the whole family to enjoy.
Stay & Play Spa Package includes:
• $175 spa credit per person, to use as you please
• Fresh orange juice, milk and morning paper delivered to your suite daily
• Complimentary use of the tennis courts, fitness center, yoga pavilion and all fitness classes
In addition, amenities and fun for Rancho Valencia’s children's offerings include:
• Kids welcome gift at check in - (Burlap backpack, RV Activity Book with crayons, Chukker the Horse)
• Kids welcome amenity upon arrival - (Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk with kids name written in chocolate syrup on plate)
• Tennis Clinics and a variety of fitness classes can be set up for families to enjoy.
Cross the Pacific for an authentic Hawaiian kid's camp:
Children visiting the Four Seasons Lana'i at Manele Bay can enjoy Pilialoha Keiki Camp - the property's version of the complimentary Kids For All Seasons program. Pilialoha means "close friendship and beloved companionship" in Hawaiian. The program offers a full range of organized indoor and outdoor activities for children ages 5 - 12 years, intended to encourage appreciation of Lanai's unique environment. Children learn about petroglyphs, the spirit of aloha and how the Hawaiian islands were formed. They can even build their own erupting volcano, go hunting for lizards or watch a keiki (child) hula show. Beach and pool nannies are available at an additional cost.
The Wigwam, Litchfield Park, AZ
Through August 17, guests will have a list of daily on-property family-friendly activities to choose from. Children will enjoy two 25-foot water slides, underwater treasure hunts, frozen duck races, a Pirate & Princess PJ Party, and much more. Adults can unwind with live entertainment, water cornhole games, happy hour offerings, golf specials, spa deals and special dining options. Summer activities will keep guests active all day long. Weekend pool activities will feature “winter fun” like ice cube floating races to keep the fun cool. Full details of events and activity schedules will be available on property.
Summer rate packages include the Summerscapes Package, which includes a $50 daily resort credit that can be used for the spa, dining or golf; the Summer Splash package with rates starting at just $99 and the 3-2-1 Summer Fun package that starts at $159 per room for three days and two nights for one great price. All packages are available through early September.
About The Wigwam: Designated as a "Historic Hotel of America,” The Wigwam is an iconic Arizona landmark and AAA 4 Diamond property. In operation for more than 80 years, the property is rich in history. The Wigwam recently completed a $16 million, multi-phase renovation – including new interior décor, a new pool complex with both adult and family areas, new restaurants and bars featuring al fresco dining and entertaining areas, and a variety of new social areas and event lawns.
THE US GRANT Hotel, San Diego, CA
A San Diego Icon since 1910, The US GRANT San Diego hotel, is situated in the city's lively and historic downtown Gaslamp Quarter, just steps from top shopping, dining, and entertainment, and a short drive from the destination's world-renowned beaches, museums and family attractions. THE US GRANT's Grand Lobby, adorned with sparkling crystal chandeliers, hand-loomed silk carpets, and artwork gives guests a preview of their modern and elegant guest rooms. This summer, THE US GRANT is offering unique family-friendly packages for the entire family to enjoy.
Experience a family voyage to remember with:
• Deluxe accommodations
• Full breakfast each morning for the family (up to 4 guests)
• On first night of stay, receive a child's turndown amenity of cookies and milk and Presidential coloring book
• 3 p.m. late checkout based on availability
• Insider’s Guide to local area attractions for the family to explore
• Family Excursions Package Starting Rate is $359
• Reserve online or call 866-837-4270 and ask for rate plan LFEPKG.
DISCOVER SAN DIEGO
Discover San Diego’s authentic wonder this summer. THE US GRANT weaves it storied 103-year legacy into an enriching experience. The package includes:
• Breakfast for two
• Two stay-for-the-day Balboa Park passes
• Local newspaper
• 4 p.m. late check-out upon availability
• Reserve online, contact your preferred travel agent or call 866-716-8136 and ask for rate plan DISCPKG.
Rancho La Puerta, Tecate, MX
Located a hour south of San Diego, Rancho La Puerta is the original “fitness resort” and spa welcomes some 140 guests each week to its 3,000 private acres of gardens, mountains and meadows in Baja California, Mexico. All facilities and land are for the exclusive use of guests who come for an entire week, Saturday to Saturday, or partial-week stays of three or four nights. It's a unique escape for guests offering over 80 fitness classes including TRX, yoga, pilates and advanced hiking trails as well as spa treatments and therapeutic sessions. In addition to fitness and spa experiences, the Ranch offers daily lectures and workshops to inspire guests. Each week the Ranch has visiting guest speakers, talented performers and workshop leaders—authors, politicians, musicians, artists, MDs and other leaders in their fields -- to present afternoon learning experiences and evening lectures. This summer, Rancho La Puerta will host their third-annual Family Week - Camp Kuchumaa.
At “Camp Kuchumaa,” August 2-9, 2014, Rancho La Puerta opens its doors to families with special activities including:
• Hiking and bird watching among the Ranch’s mountains, forests and meadows
• Harvesting fresh ingredients from the six-acre garden and cooking classes at La Cocina Que Quanta
• Music classes that include drumming, dancing and family sing-alongs
• Outdoor recreation including volleyball, swimming, yoga and tennis
• Story telling, Spanish classes, painting, drawing, photography workshops, martial arts and more
A great line-up of presenters and a promise that Rancho La Puerta has carefully planned the week to provide families with opportunities to spend quality time together, active and relaxing, but also with plenty of time for adults and children alike to explore their own programs at their own pace.
$3,150 per adult, $650 per child (up to two children, ages 7-17, per adult)
Lakehouse Hotel & Resort | San Diego, CA
The recently renovated Lakehouse Hotel & Resort invites guests to take advantage of San Diego's ideal summer weather and enjoy some family time at the gorgeous property. Located lakeside in the North County San Diego community of San Marcos, Lakehouse Hotel & Resort is reminiscent of a summer vacation home, boasting unmatched lakefront views, luxurious accommodations, two saline pools and an array of onsite activities ranging from golf and volleyball to fishing and boat rentals. The property is also within miles of North County San Diego's many beaches and iconic craft breweries, as well as family-friendly destinations including LEGOLAND Park and the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, making in the perfect getaway for couples and families alike. Take advantage of the All Aboard promotion and receive a two-night stay complete with tickets to LEGOLAND, a welcome amenity, s'mores kit, Family Fun cruise and a nightly turn down with cocktails for the kids and cocktails for the adults. This promotion is available online or by calling 760-744-0120.
Tanque Verde Ranch | Tucson, AZ
Located on 60,000 acres nestled between the Rincon Mountains, Saguaro National Park and the Coronado National Forest, Tanque Verde Ranch offers a unique destination for families to unplug and reconnect. Guests of all ages will enjoy the daily scheduled activities taking place from sunrise to sunset, with breaks for breakfast, lunch and dinner, served community style in the dining hall or outdoors at the property's Cottonwood Grove. Children can take part in a supervised kids programs that include horseback riding lessons, trips to the Nature Center to learn about Arizona wildlife and serene desert surroundings while adults can relax by the pool or indulge in a massage treatment at the ranch’s La Sonora Spa. All-inclusive rates provide accommodations, three-daily meals and access to the ranch's daily scheduled activities (including what was mentioned above and more), or guests can book special packages and add on activities "a la carte" to better fit their interests and budget. www.tanqueverderanch.com
Kids Stay Free
The Kids Stay Free Package allows kids to take advantage of the following activities free of charge:
• Three hearty meals daily
• Horseback riding lessons, trail rides and friendly competitions where kids can take on their parents in the arena, such as “Fun”khana and Team Penning
• Guided mountain bike and hiking tours, including educational walks such as “Birding for Beginners” and “Pharmacy of the Desert”
• On-property Nature Center where guests can learn about the unique animals of the Saguaro National Park from an on-staff naturalist
• Fishing lessons, tennis clinics, pickle ball, cowboy cookouts with line dancing and live music, and much more
• Highly regarded Kids Program for children ages 4-11. The programs are called Wranglers, Buckaroos and Outlaws, and are broken out based on each child's age and horseback riding experience. Parents are welcome to join the kids for the day or participate in the other pre-scheduled adult activities if they wish
* The Kids Stay Free package is subject to availability and based on double-occupancy and a minimum four-night stay. Valid for up to two kids ages 4 through 11 until August 31st.
The Lodge at Ventana Canyon | Tucson, Arizona
The Lodge at Ventana Canyon has everything you need to enjoy a family vacation for all ages. This all-suite, AAA Four Diamond property nestled against the Santa Catalina Mountains of Tucson, is currently undergoing a $4 million renovation to its guest rooms and dining venues (set to complete in 2015). In addition to the new renovations, the property boasts two 18 hole championship golf courses designed by Tom Fazio, a junior Olympic sized swimming pool and tennis courts. To make the stay even more fun, book with the Take a Hike deal designed to complement the various hiking destinations nearby.
This package is good throughout the month of August and offers a 20% discount during the summer season. It also includes:
• A two-night stay in a suite
• Morning yoga on the lawn
• Transportation to and from Mt. Lemmon or Sabino Canyon
• A personal hiking guide and lunch for four during the hike
• The option to add a a round of golf or tennis (for $49 per person)
After hiking, book sessions at The Lodge's award-winning golf or tennis academies, allowing younger guests the opportunity to learn the basics while mom and dad book spa treatments or have some free time to perfect their swings.
The Lodge at Ventana Canyon is the perfect getaway for a memorable end to the summer. To book, call toll free at 1-800-828-5701 and note that package rates do not include service charge, gratuities or taxes.
Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront Resort & Spa | Carlsbad, CA Beach Bum package / Beach-nic amenity
Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront has planned your next family vacation so you won't have to! Soak in the sun on Carlsbad's beautiful beaches while you stay at one of the destination's top resorts this summer. Whether families want to shop, golf, surf, visit LEGOLAND and the San Diego Zoo, or just relax on the beach, Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront has them covered. For the more adventurous families, the property's Junior Rangers program partners with the Carlsbad State Park to allow younger guests different ways to explore the Carlsbad countryside. The property is only a short drive from San Diego International Airport and offers a complimentary shuttle within a 10 mile radius to help guests explore the destination.
Beach Bum Package starts at $219 per night and includes:
• Overnight deluxe accommodations
• Complimentary rentals of 2 beach chairs, beach towels and an umbrella.
This package cannot be combined with any other offer. No refunds will be issued for unused portions of this package. Rate may vary, taxes extra.
In addition to the Beach Bum package Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront is putting the sand in sandwich with their summer Beach-nic menu. Chef Pascal Vignau of Chandler's at Hilton Carlsbad Oceanfront recommends making snacktime at the beach special for the whole family by putting together individual "beach-nics," with sandwiches, chips or nuts and fresh fruit in addition to something sweet. For the little ones, use a sand pail instead of a lunch bag. For older kids, add a magazine, individual sunscreen or a pair of goggles.
• Chandler's Beach-nic menu includes sandwiches for all ages including:
- Ham & Brie on baguette
- Grilled Chicken on Naan bread
- All-american classic Peanut Butter and Jelly
Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa | Jackson Hole, WY
The AAA Four Diamond Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa combines quiet elegance with the warmth and rustic details of a quintessential Jackson Hole lodge to create the ideal family adventure. This summer, families can custom-create their own vacation by choosing from some of Jackson Hole’s bundle of right-out-you-door activities including river trips, horseback riding and wildlife tours.
The Choose Your Own Adventure Package includes:
• 3-night stay in any unit with 15% off BAR
• Choice of the following activities:
o Scenic Float Trip
o Whitewater River Trips
o Teton Village Horseback Ride (May 20 - September 30)
o Wildlife Tours
• Booking Link: http://tetonlodge.com/packages/summer-adventure/
Hotel Terra | Jackson Hole, WY
The LEED-Silver Certified Hotel Terra is located less than a mile from Grand Teton National Park and less than an hour from Yellowstone National Park. This summer, families can experience both breathtaking natural wonders with Hotel Terra’s Passport to the Parks package. Perfect for families of all ages, the Passport to the Parks package includes a 7-day park pass to both Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, guide books and a delicious daily breakfast from Terra Cafe to fuel you for your needs.
The Passport to the Parks package includes:
• 3-night lodging in Terra Guest Room
• $30 daily breakfast credit at Terra Cafe
• 7-day Park Pass to Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park
• Guide Book for both Parks
• Booking Link: http://hotelterrajacksonhole.com/packages/passport-to-the-parks/