From romantic couples’ treatments during the ‘month of love’, to the hilarious Curry and Comedy evening to elegant dinners with guided wine tastings, The Oyster Box is the place to enjoy the relaxed coastal atmosphere of Durban, which has a rightly earned reputation as South Africa’s most popular holiday destination.
Here is a summary of the hotel’s special offerings for summer 2018:
• In honor of Durban’s Indian heritage, the accomplished chefs at The Oyster Box have created a one-of-a-kind Indian Chai High Tea. On February 3rd guests can savor scones with pumpkin chutney, Bengali spiced prawn puffs and assorted samosas along with cups of milky Indian masala chai. Tea runs from 2:30pm to 5:00pm in The Palm Court; price is $36 per person.
• Romance is on the menu during the Valentine’s Dinner Dance, which includes a six-course plated menu, dancing to a live band and a gift. February 14th from 7:00pm to 10:00pm in the Grill Room; price is $96 per person.
• On February 15, sparkling wine enthusiasts are invited to the Domaine Des Dieux tutored tasting with canapés, which is followed by a three-course dinner complemented by your favorite Méthode Cap Classique (MCC). A combination of high-quality grapes, lots of patience and a love of Champagne led to Domaine des Dieux officially becoming the first producer of MCC in the Hemel en Aarde region. The Colony Room, from 7:00pm to 11:00pm; price is $55 per person.
• The Pearl Room is the venue for a riotous night of Curry and Comedy, also February 15th. During this event incredible curry and the talents of one of Durban’s headline acts will take center stage. From 6:30pm to 10:00pm; price is $42 per person.
• The Colony Room is the scene of the Silverthorn MCC Dinner, which includes a tutored tasting with canapés, followed by a three-course dinner accompanied by your favorite MCC. This event takes place on March 29th, and is hosted by winemaker John Loubser of Silverthorn Wines. Silverthorn is among a handful of producers who have dedicated their expertise solely to the production of this elegant style of wine. From 7:00pm to 11:00pm; price is $55 per person.
• Express your love this February with one of The Spa’s special couples’ treatments. The romantic 90-minute B | Together Couple’s Rose Quartz massage followed by a glass of sparkling wine will help you relax and give you some quality time together. Or celebrate each other with the 90-minute Memorable Moments treatment. Absorb the humidity and soften your muscles prior to a back of body massage. Heated lemons are used to penetrate to the core of sore and tired muscles. We cleanse using cane sugar and coconut oil to invigorate your skin, eliminating excess skin cells and leaving skin supple and full of nutrients. Our March spa special is a healing Himalayan Salt Ritual that starts off with a full-body Himalayan salt exfoliation followed by a back of body massage using heated Himalayan salt stones. Himalayan salt contains many healing properties and helps to relax the muscles as well as detox the body. Price is $235 per couple for the Rose Quartz Massage, $235 per couple for the Memorable Moments treatment, and $113 per person for a 90-minute Himalayan Salt Ritual treatment.
The Oyster Box is also offering a number of recurring events through the summer of 2018, and the rest of the year:
• Dinner Dance: Back by popular demand! Enjoy a three-course dinner and dance the night away to live music during the monthly Dinner Dance in our famous Grill Room. January 27th, February 24th, and March 31st; Price is $52 per person and includes a cocktail on arrival.
• Sunday Roast Sharing Platter: Enjoy Indian Ocean views while tucking into a succulent Sunday Roast Sharing Platter with all the trimmings. Served on the Ocean Terrace every Sunday, price is $36 per platter for two people.
• Spice It Up: The incredible curry buffet offers a wide selection of curries from around the world, with something to suit every palate. Our delicious tandoori chicken, meat, fish and vegetarian curry options and home-made condiments use delicate blends of spices and fresh herbs mixed in our kitchens. Served in the Ocean Terrace Restaurant; lunchtime seating from 12:00pm to 3:00pm and dinner seating from 6:00pm to 10:00pm; price is $36 per person.
Restaurant and High Tea Reservations
Tel: +27 (0) 31 514 5000 • Email: email@example.com
Tel: +27 (0) 31 514 5072 • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +27 (0) 31 514 5000 • Email: email@example.com