Jet Set Pet
Family Vacation Packages
Romantic & Honeymoon Packages
Spa & Wellness Packages
Hot Hotel Openings
Beach & Island Resorts
5-Star City Hotels
Adventure & Eco Lodges
Boutique City Hotels
Country House Hotels
Safari Camps & Lodges
Golf Resorts & Lodges
Spa Resorts & Wellness Retreats
Ski Resorts & Lodges
Wine Country Getaways
Cruises & Yachting
Private Jet Travel
Bars & Nightclubs
Spa & Wellness Retreats
Beach and Resortwear
Beauty and Fragrance
Luggage and Handbags
Watches & Jewelry
Wine and Spirits
World's Most Expensive
Charleston, SC: Spring Festival of Houses and Gardens
January 13, 2014
The premier event of its kind in the country, the Festival offers guests rare access into some of Charleston's finest private houses and gardens in the city's renowned historic district during peak blooming season. In addition to house and garden tours, special events include a concert series, wine and spirit tastings, educational lectures and more. Kicking off the Festival's first weekend of festivities is the 11th annual Charleston Antiques Show, March 21-23, 2014, with the elegant opening night Preview Party on March 19. The Festival of Houses and Gardens and the Charleston Antiques Show celebrate the decorative arts, history and culture found only in Charleston. Tickets for both the Festival and Antiques Show will be on sale beginning November 1, 2013.
The 67th annual spring Festival of Houses and Gardens includes a series of tours and events:
• House and Garden Tours: Each self-guided tour will provide exclusive entrance into the private residences, historic properties, and gardens otherwise only viewed from the sidewalks of Charleston's earliest neighborhoods.
• Daily Morning History Walks: Expert guides lead two-hour walking tours of the Old and Historic District, providing the background for the Festival's house and garden tours.
• Musical Concerts: From bluegrass to instrumental classical music, each concert is an opportunity for guests to experience period music in an intimate historic setting with informative interpretations.
• Luncheon Lectures: This series of entertaining and educational presentations features different speakers daily along with a light lunch. Topics range from Charleston cuisine to Charleston history and architecture.
• Wine and Spirits Tastings: Guests will discover why Charleston is known for its fine cuisine while savoring wines with paired hors d'oeuvres.
Learn more about the house and garden tours and special events of the spring Festival of Houses and Gardens at www.historiccharleston.org/Festival.
In its 11th year, the Charleston Antiques Show, managed by the Antiques Council, will kick off the Festival with several special opportunities to learn more about antiques and decorative arts:
• Opening Night Preview Party: An elaborate social event with entertainment and elegant décor in a setting that showcases the English, European, and American period antiques including furnishings, decorative arts and fine art, architectural elements, garden furniture, vintage jewelry, and silver--all late 17th to 20th centuries. The Preview Party provides an exclusive, first glimpse of the show before it opens to the public the following day. Unlimited daily admission to the show is included.
• Special Event Package: Members of the Charleston Antiques Show's “Collectors Circle” will be invited to the Preview Party as well a private cocktail hour preceding the event. The Collectors Circle is a personalized package which includes exclusive invitations to parties taking place in historically significant, grand private residences; access to the private Collectors Circle Room, an expertly designed space adjacent to the show floor with boundless food and beverage; as well as unlimited daily admission to the show through the Collectors Circle Member entrance and more.
• Behind-the-Scenes Tours: Guests will learn more about the art of collecting antiques and how to incorporate historic objects into any décor during educational and entertaining tours of the show led by industry experts.
Learn more about the Charleston Antiques Show at, www.historiccharleston.org/AntiquesShow.
Together, the Charleston Antiques Show and the Festival of Houses and Gardens give guests the chance to go inside many of the city's finest residential houses and gardens as well as the opportunity to experience history through the nation's most impressive antiques. Tickets will go on sale November 1, 2013.
Private customized Connoisseur Tours are also available for small groups, visit. https://www.historiccharleston.org/SpecialTours.com
Sign-up for Our Email Newsletter
FIND A LUXURY HOTEL & BOOK WITH EXCLUSIVE PERKS!
Antigua & Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Papua New Guinea
St Vincent & the Grenadines
St. Kitts & Nevis
Turks & Caicos
U.S. Virgin Islands
United Arab Emirates
Food & Wine
Shopping & Fashion
Spa & Wellness
Wineries / Wine Tasting
Polaris Slingshot - A three-wheeled sensation that re-ignites your love for driving
JUP - Personal Service for Buying and Selling Real Estate in Jupiter, Florida
Villa Lala — Romantic Boutique Hotel in Puerto Vallarta
Culture, Spirituality, and Wellness in Japan's Tochigi Prefecture
Tuscan Dream - Immerse Yourself in the Tuscan Villa Vacation Experience
Blue Waters Resort & Spa - Antigua - A hidden gem nestled in a private bay on Antigua's northwestern coast with sunset views
Grand Hotel Portovenere - Cinque Terre - Discover this beautiful region of Italy!
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, Mexico - Adults Only, All Inclusive
Dude Ranchers Association - An all-inclusive vacation experience like no other
Luxo Italia - Curated Luxury Travel in Italy
Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa - Rancho Santa Fe, California - One of the West’s most sought-after five star resorts
The Ranch Italy at Palazzo Fiuggi - The Ranch Malibu brings its award winning wellness program just 50 minutes from Rome.
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa - Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii - Beachfront Resort
El Encanto, A Belmond Hotel - Santa Barbara, California - Experience timeless Californian glamor.
A.M.A Selections - Luxury Villa Rentals throughout Europe
Come Together Wellness - Rest, Restore & Explore on Kauai
Argentario Golf & Wellness Resort - Porto Ercole, Tuscany, Italy
The Kayon Jungle Resort - Ubud, Bali, Indonesia - a sanctuary of tropical indulgence.
Red Savannah: Luxury Villas and Tailor-Made Holidays
Porto Zante Villas & Spa - Zakynthos, Greece - The leading villa resort in Europe
Fairmont Le Château Frontenac - Quebec City, Canada - Breathtaking views of the St. Lawrence River and the UNESCO Old fortified city