Jet Set Pet
Family Vacation Packages
Spa & Wellness Packages
Romantic & Honeymoon Packages
Fall Travel Packages
New Year's Travel
Beach & Island Resorts
5-Star City Hotels
Adventure & Eco Lodges
Boutique City Hotels
Country House Hotels
Safari Camps & Lodges
Golf Resorts & Lodges
Spa Resorts & Wellness Retreats
Ski Resorts & Lodges
Wine Country Getaways
Hot Hotel Openings
Cruises & Yachting
Private Jet Travel
Bars & Nightclubs
Wine & Spirits
Spa & Wellness Retreats
Beach and Resortwear
Beauty and Fragrance
Luggage and Handbags
Watches & Jewelry
Wine and Spirits
World's Most Expensive
Chef Alain Ducasse Debuts Rivea and Skyfall Lounge at Delano Las Vegas
October 15, 2015
Rivea, the first location in the United States, and Skyfall Lounge bring together Riviera-inspired cuisine, celebrated libations, a chic casual atmosphere and the best views of Las Vegas.
Influenced by the delectable food markets of Provence and Italy, Chef Alain Ducasse and Executive Chef Bruno Riou’s menu focuses on simple, fresh Mediterranean flavors made with the best West Coast-sourced seasonal ingredients.
• Small Plates – Encouraging a convivial dining experience, Rivea’s small plates offer curious diners the chance to experience a wide variety of menu items such as the Provençal caponata with capers and pinenuts; Prawn & Calamari Crostino; Focccacia di Recco, an Italian-inspired flatbread with a creamy layer of cheese; perfectly tender Artichoke & Spinach Ravioli; and Marinated Seabream paired with a light and bright citrus flavor profile.
• Main Courses – In addition to small plates, diners will enjoy vibrant creations such as an indulgent Lobster with purple artichokes; Line-Caught Striped Bass with a minestrone reduction; Rack of Colorado Lamb accented by an herb pesto; and Roasted Duck Breast with Bigarade sauce and nougat, which adds an element of sweetness to the savory.
• On the Grill – High-quality cuts of beef, such as Pepper-Crusted Bison Tenderloin, are served with a selection of flavorful sauces including a Beef & Olive Jus, offering a Mediterranean flair.
• Desserts – House-made flavors elevate beloved confections, such as Tiramisù accented by an exclusive, house cold-brewed coffee; Limoncello Baba, a riff on Chef Ducasse’s iconic rum baba, accompanied by its namesake digestif; and the classic chocolate-hazelnut Zuccotto, perfect for sharing among a group.
Aperitifs, a true Riviera staple, will prep palates for the meal ahead while sommeliers suggest a distinctive list of spirits or signature cocktails like the Beausoleil – Citrus liquor, Dolin dry vermouth, Oregon grappa and thyme.
Riviera Soul – a special list of select Riviera wines handpicked by Executive Wine Director Guillem Kerambrun – stays true to wines found along the French and Italian Rivieras; however, a significant portion of the list is sourced from the West Coast of the United States, including Oregon, Washington and the “California Riviera.” To ensure the West Coast offerings stay true to the Riviera style, Kerambrun focused on sourcing wines that feature the same grapes indigenous to the regions of Provence and the northwest of Italy.
The complete wine list, or Reserve List, features an additional 1,300 wines from beyond the Riviera, grouped by grape as opposed to the traditional list organization of wines by region.
Skyfall Lounge, located adjacent to Rivea, offers an evolving nightlife experience that gradually increases in tempo as the evening progresses. The 180-degree views make it possible for guests to sip a glass of Champagne while watching the desert sunset, or to party the night away as DJs spin upbeat house and dance music in the vibrant space from 9 p.m. to close.
• Inventive Cocktails – In order to create a cocktail program as legendary as the restaurant’s cuisine, Ducasse partnered with mixology masterminds Proprietors LLC on their first Las Vegas venture. Having opened renowned cocktail bars including New York City’s Death & Co, as well as Los Angeles’ Honeycut, Proprietors brings its distinct cocktail culture to Rivea and Skyfall Lounge. Creating a program rooted in classic structure but reinterpreted using contemporary techniques and unexpected flavor profiles, Skyfall Lounge’s menu is broken down into several unique categories. Highlights include:
o Golden Hour cocktails, like the Sierra Aperitivo – made with Grey Goose L’Orange, Aperol Granita and Champagne selection Alain Ducasse – have been specially designed to be enjoyed during the lovely twilight hours.
o Effervescent cocktails incorporate festive, bubbly ingredients, such as the Climbin’ High, which blends Kappa Pisco, Appleton’s Signature Blend Rum, Champagne selection Alain Ducasse, and Fresh Pineapple, Lime and Raspberry Juices.
o Shaken libations include playful takes on the classics like the Shake It Off, an elegant take on a Strawberry Margarita with Jalapeno-Infused Espolon Tequila, Dry Vermouth, Fresh Strawberry Puree and Fresh Lemon Juice.
o Stirred selections update spirit-focused favorites like the Negroni: Skyfall's version, called Live Oak, features Bombay Dry Gin, Smoky August Tea-infused Sweet Vermouth and Campari.
• Perfected Bottle Service – Elevating traditional bottle service, Skyfall Lounge offers unique mixer options to pair with guests’ choice of spirit. For example, any bottle of aged brandy comes with ingredients to craft an original version of a Champs Elysées cocktail table-side, including rocks glasses, block ice, Angostura Bitters, Green Chartreuse and Fresh Lemon Juice with a lemon twist for garnish.
• Signature Lounge Events – Further differentiating Skyfall Lounge as an industry-leading cocktail destination, specialty programming will bring energy and entertainment to the venue. December 5 will mark the start of an annual Repeal Day Party, while quarterly guest bartender residencies will be introduced in 2016, hailing the best mixologists from around the country, including Proprietors’ sister venues.
Having worked together on numerous projects throughout the years, Chef Ducasse invited acclaimed French-Canadian design duo Patrick Jouin and Sanjit Manku to design his new Las Vegas venues.
• Mirroring the design of exquisite yachts in Venice and the laid-back vibe found on the Riviera coast, Rivea features cozy corners, sweeping mahogany banquettes and a palette of maritime blues and yellow accents. And the seaside is more than just inspiration: the restaurant’s “Wave Wall” contains hundreds of glass pieces that mimic the lapping water.
• The restaurant’s 50-seat private dining room Rivea+ boasts 180-degree views of The Strip through floor-to-ceiling windows. Majestic light fixtures comprised of twinkling lights represent constellations found in Las Vegas’ night sky.
• Skyfall Lounge’s décor simulates the beauty of an evening sunset with deep purple, red and honey gold accents and subtle cloud forms hanging overhead. Every seat in the room delivers optimal views of the sparkling Vegas skyline, while the expansive outdoor patio offers a relaxing, fresh-air escape.
Rivea and Skyfall Lounge are located on the 64th floor of Delano Las Vegas. Hours of operation are:
• Rivea is open 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 6 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Reservations available through OpenTable.
• Skyfall Lounge is open 5 p.m. to midnight Sunday through Thursday and 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Friday and Saturday. Reservations available through OpenTable.
Sign-up for Our Email Newsletter
FIND A LUXURY HOTEL & BOOK WITH EXCLUSIVE PERKS!
Antigua & Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Papua New Guinea
St Vincent & the Grenadines
St. Kitts & Nevis
Turks & Caicos
U.S. Virgin Islands
United Arab Emirates
Food & Wine
Shopping & Fashion
Spa & Wellness
Wineries / Wine Tasting
Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa - Rancho Santa Fe, California - One of the West’s most sought-after five star resorts
Blue Waters Resort & Spa - Antigua - A hidden gem nestled in a private bay on Antigua's northwestern coast with sunset views
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, Mexico - Adults Only, All Inclusive
Fiesta Americana Merida - This majestic hotel is located at the crossroads of the capital's main avenues: Paseo Montejo and Colón.
The Ranch Italy at Palazzo Fiuggi - The Ranch Malibu brings its award winning wellness program just 50 minutes from Rome.
Relais Christine - Paris, France - Relais & Chateaux - A secret, tranquil world in the heart of Paris' Left Bank
Hotel Saint James - Paris, France - Relais & Chateaux - The only chateau-hotel in Paris, an architectural jewel tucked away in the 16th.
Home in Italy: The Finest Collection of Luxury Villas Since 1994
VOYAGES MAGAZINE - Cruising the World in Style
Luxo Italia - Curated Luxury Travel in Italy
Argentario Golf & Wellness Resort - Porto Ercole, Tuscany, Italy
The Luxury of Simplicity in Japan: Exceptional Resorts in Tochigi’s Nikko Area
The Kayon Jungle Resort - Ubud, Bali, Indonesia - a sanctuary of tropical indulgence.
Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Resorts Collection - Costa Rica
A.M.A Selections - Luxury Villa Rentals throughout Europe
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa - Lakeside retreat 2-1/2 hours north of Toronto
Come Together Wellness - Rest, Restore & Explore on Kauai
JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort & Spa - Tucson, Arizona - Luxury Hotel with beautiful views
Red Savannah: Luxury Villas and Tailor-Made Holidays
JUP - Personal Service for Buying and Selling Real Estate in Jupiter, Florida
Dude Ranchers Association - An all-inclusive vacation experience like no other
Porto Zante Villas & Spa - Zakynthos, Greece - The leading villa resort in Europe