Ten different cruises are offered starting from Panama in Central America and crossing the famed Panama Canal all the way to the Tierra del Fuego archipelago of southern Chile, and around Cape Horn, calling on countries including Peru, Chile, Ecuador, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, Venezuela and Colombia.
Compagnie du Ponant’s South America cruises explore the vast continent from its Equatorial forest, to the wide expanses of the Atacama Desert, the lush plains of Patagonia, and the glaciers of the Chilean Fjords. Passengers will discover its varied landscapes, indigenous peoples and cultures, passionate history, and extraordinary wildlife, as well as have an opportunity to delve into the secrets of the lost cities at Machu Picchu, the great civilizations of the Maya, Inca, and Aztecs, and the mysterious Nazca Lines.
Compagnie du Ponant offers expedition-style cruising aboard three 132-stateroom sister ships, Le Boreal, L’Austral and Le Soléal, which just launched in July 2013. Unlike most expedition trips, Compagnie du Ponant provides guests with a private yacht-like feel, luxuriously appointed staterooms and suites, gourmet cuisine, and carefully curated excursions, all presented with a refined French flair.
The company is known for their adventure itineraries to lesser-traveled and remote locations. Due to their smaller size and technical capabilities, the ships are able to sail in waters and berth in ports not accessible to bigger ships, offering guests a more intimate and approachable style of sailing. For example, ports of call on the South American voyages include the small Patagonian village of Tortel in Chile, the fishing port of Matarani in Peru, and Îles du Salut, a group of small volcanic islands off the coast of French Guiana.
Spotlight South America itineraries for the 2013/2014 Season include:
• 13-nights Valparaiso, Chile to Ushuaia, Argentina: A breathtaking cruise along the Pacific Shores of South America, into the heart of the Chilean Fjords, around Cape Horn and through the Beagle Channel. Dates: November 9 to 22, 2013 – all inclusive pricing from $5,918 per person
• 14-nights Recife, Brazil to Cayenne, French Guyana: This cruise features a stunning variety of sceneries, from waterfalls to deserts, volcanoes and tropical forest, with the highlight of exploring the mysterious waterways of the Amazon. Dates: March 23 to April 6, 2014 – all inclusive pricing from USD $5,368 per person
• 14-nights Montevideo, Uruguay to Recife, Brazil: Discover the unique regions of Brazil from the Rio Grande and the lively beaches of Ilhabela to the tropical forest of Paraty to world famous Rio de Janiero and Salvador, the “capital of happiness.” Dates: March 9 to 23, 2014 – all inclusive pricing from USD $5,810 per person
• 46-nights Ushuaia, Argentina to Fort de France, Martinique: For the ultimate exploration of South and Central America, and the Caribbean, this trip sails around Cape Horn to the Patagonia Channels to Chile’s port city of Valparaiso before heading to Peru, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatemala, Costa Rica. After crossing the Panama Canal, the ship sails on to Colombia, Curacao, Venezuela, before calling on the Caribbean islands of Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, St. Lucia and Martinique. Dates: March 2 to April 17, 2014 – all inclusive pricing from USD $19,600 per person
On select sailings, Compagnie du Ponant offers a FREE singles supplement so solo travelers can enjoy the comforts of a single stateroom or private suite without paying a surcharge. For a list of the free single supplement cruises for the 2013/2014 season, click here.
Amenities and services on Le Soléal, Le Boréal and L’Austral include:
• Refined, contemporary interiors by Jean-Philippe Nuel feature a warm palette of rich materials and subtle yachting nuances throughout, including works by noted marine photographer Philip Plisson
• A choice of 132 luxurious staterooms or suites with sea views and private balconies, including the elite Deck 6 that is home to 13 spacious suites with 24-hour butler service
• A welcoming main foyer with a boutique, reception desk and excursion desk
• Two restaurants, offering dining from casual to fine, complete with wine pairings and a fine wine cellar, a bar and lounge, and 24-hour in-room dining
• A full-service SOTHYSTM spa with signature treatments, hammam, hair salon, and fitness center
• An outdoor pool with bar, panoramic terrace adjoining the indoor bar and lounge, library with Internet stations, medical center, WiFi, in-room and on-board flat screen satellite TV with complimentary on-demand movies
• A 250-seat theatre for live entertainment, film screenings and presentations
• A fleet of expedition Zodiac boats outfitted with satellite tracking
To reserve or learn more, please call 1-888-400-1082 or visit http://en.ponant.com