Fresh off announcing the launch of its new Luxury Small Group Journeys, Cox & Kings, the world's most enduring luxury travel brand, is excited to share highlights from these six new itineraries. Carefully crafted by the company's Destination Specialists and designed specifically with the U.S. luxury traveler in mind, these new tours, with guaranteed departures, offer the same immersive experiences, exclusive access, and high service standards for which the company is known.
Journey highlights to these initial six luxury group destinations - Peru, Morocco, Japan, China, South Africa and India - are detailed below. This is only a preview of destinations to come, as 2019 will see new product launches in Europe, Southeast Asia, South America and beyond, including departures scheduled through 2020:
- Explore the treasures of Peru on the Land of the Incas group journey. This nine-day itinerary includes tours of Lima and Machu Picchu, unique dining experiences such as an alfresco lunchoverlooking the breathtaking Huaypo Lagoon, and learning to cook a traditional Peruvian dish from Andean locals. Travelers will also see the picturesque salt flats of Maras and ride aboard the luxurious Belmond Hiram Bingham train, en route to Machu Picchu. Departure dates from December 2018 through October 2019. Prices begin at $5,295 per person.
- Perfect for culture and history buffs, the Majestic Morocco group journey takes in the country's major cities of Rabat, Fez, Casablanca and Marrakesh. Travelers explore historic and exquisite architectural landmarks, from Roman ruins to palaces, mosques, and riads built by sultans. During this nine-day itinerary, travelers will stroll through vibrant medinas, visit the country's oldest wine estate for an intimate tasting, and enjoy immersive experiences, such as a traditional tea ceremony and baking bread with a local family. Departure dates from December 2018 through October 2019. Prices begin at $6,995 per person.
- Take in the beauty of Japan during the Traditions and Temples group journey, highlighting the country's stunning landscapes, classic architecture and time-honored way of life. For 10 days, travelers will engage in Japanese traditions and culture by savoring the cuisine of local chefs and interacting with interesting locals, from artisans to sumo wrestlers. They will also have the unique opportunity to experience the art of sushi making and a stroll through stunning bamboo gardens. Departure dates from March 2019 through October 2019. Prices begin at $11,395 per person.
- The 13-day Grand Circuit of China group journey brings travelers to modern China and showcases the history of this ancient culture. From city to countryside, guests explore Beijing's Forbidden City and old alleys, the Great Wall of China and the Terracotta Warriors in Xian before heading to Chengdu to see playful pandas. Then it's off to bucolic Guilin and Yangzhou, offering stunning mountain vistas before the journey's end in cosmopolitan Shanghai. Travelers can live like a local with a private tai chi lesson from a master in Beijing and a sail down the Li River in a traditional wooden sampan. Departure dates from April 2019 through October 2019. Prices begin at $6,795 per person.
- Nature lovers can immerse themselves in the wonders of South Africa during the Wildlife and Wine 13-day group journey. Travelers will start with a tour of scenic Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula before savoring wines and gourmet cuisine in the heart of the Cape Winelands. A modern history lesson awaits in Johannesburg, with a tour of Soweto, the Apartheid Museum and vibrant neighborhood of Maboneng. Guests will then head off on a luxury safari with expert tracker guides to seek the "Big 5." The journey will end with a visit to the stunning Victoria Falls. Departure dates from January 2019 through October 2019. Prices begin at $11,595 per person.
- Cox & Kings traces its 260-year-old roots back to India, so the Iconic India group journey takes in the country's culture, cuisine, cities, celebrated monuments, and varied landscapes like none other. Over an incredible 15 days, travelers will stay in magnificent royal palaces and iconic hotels, enjoy a spiritual awakening of the mind, body and soul by the Ganges in Benares, and partake in a walking tour of cosmopolitan Mumbai. Along the way, guests are immersed in the culture with experiences such as high tea in the home of an Indian family and a visit with a traditional jeweler to view the private collection of artifacts from the royal house of the Mughals. Departure dates from January 2019 through March 2020. Prices begin at $7,275 per person.
As an extra option for clients, all journeys will are bookable online, a first for Cox & Kings, The Americas and a rarity among luxury tour providers. Group sizes will be kept small to foster intimate local encounters, with an average of just 18 guests and a maximum of 24 per departure. Additionally, all departures are guaranteed to depart with two travelers minimum.