“We are thrilled to bring our customers these unique opportunities to experience first-hand Italy’s rich wine and olive oil-making traditions,” said Delta Vacations President John Caldwell. “These tours are great ways for vacationers to explore the Italian countryside, as well as meet and interact with local people.”
The new wine and olive oil tours with Delta Vacations are near Florence and Rome. Along with visits to at least two wineries, these tours include private car service for up to six guests, English-speaking guides and lunch at local restaurants.
The towns of Greve and Badia a Passignano are highlights of the Florence Countryside and the Chianti Classico Wine Tasting tour. This day-long excursion features an up-close look at the production and ageing process of Chianti wines, wine tastings and lunch at Ristorante La Scuderia.
The Olive Oil and Wine Tasting Tour of the Frascati Hills is also a full-day excursion. Located in the Lazio region near Rome, the Frascati Hills are home to some of Italy’s most renowned wineries and olive oil producers. The tour includes visits to the Azienda Agricola Casale Marchese Winery, the Tenuta Colle Picchioni Winery, a sampling of varietal olive oils, a tour of the ancient town of Frascati and lunch at Osteria Zarazá.
These tours are in addition to more than a dozen other activities and excursions Delta Vacations offers in Italy.
New hotels in Florence, Rome, Venice and Capri
Along with world-class wine and olive oil tours, Delta Vacations has also added new first class and deluxe hotels in some of Italy’s most popular destinations. These include:
• The Hotel Lungarno (pictured), featuring a priceless art collection and a gourmet restaurant, is located in the Centro Storico district near the Ponte Vecchio in Florence.
• The Hotel Delle Nazioni in Rome is an historic property with spacious rooms, a rooftop terrace and convenient access to the Barberini Metro Station.
• Ludovisi Palace is located in Rome near the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain.
• Hotel Monaco and Grand Canal offers upscale amenities and overlooks the Grand Canal and St. Mark's basin in Venice.
• Hotel La Palma Capri is Capri’s oldest hotel and centrally located near the Piazzetta.
Delta Air Lines and its joint venture partner Alitalia Airlines offer seven nonstop U.S. gateways to Italy for flights that can be bundled with hotel stays and tours when booking with Delta Vacations and Alitalia Vacations.
Delta Vacations offers its customers more ways to earn toward SkyMiles Medallion status on all Delta marketed flights - including Medallion Qualification Dollars on all fares - and a guaranteed Vacation Price Pledge when booking vacation packages to any of Delta Vacations’ more than 250 destinations.
For more information, vacationers should contact their travel agent or call 1-800-800-1504.
More information is available on deltavacations.com