Jet Set Pet
Family Vacation Packages
Spa & Wellness Packages
Romantic & Honeymoon Packages
Fall Travel Packages
New Year's Travel
Beach & Island Resorts
5-Star City Hotels
Adventure & Eco Lodges
Boutique City Hotels
Country House Hotels
Safari Camps & Lodges
Golf Resorts & Lodges
Spa Resorts & Wellness Retreats
Ski Resorts & Lodges
Wine Country Getaways
Hot Hotel Openings
Cruises & Yachting
Private Jet Travel
Bars & Nightclubs
Wine & Spirits
Spa & Wellness Retreats
Beach and Resortwear
Beauty and Fragrance
Luggage and Handbags
Watches & Jewelry
Wine and Spirits
World's Most Expensive
Earth Day Package at Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort, Fiji
April 8, 2015
Overlooking the peaceful waters of Savusavu Bay, the world-class resort offers an unsurpassed range of eco-friendly activities and luxury accommodations, built on 17 acres of a former coconut plantation.
The Fijian people have flourished for more than three thousand years by living off the natural bounty that surrounds them, and Jean-Michel Cousteau and his team of conservationists believe modern society can learn a lot about achieving a sustainable environment from the Fijians.
Anyone who can prove a reduction in home energy or water use between January 2013 and December 2015 is eligible for the resort's special Earth Day Package. Guests need to simply send a copy of their gas, electric, or water bill for two matching periods (i.e. February 2014 and February 2015) for booking.
Promotion: now to April 22, 2015
Dates of Travel: April 1 to June 22; July 14 to Sept ember 20; October 6 to December 20, 2015
• Stay 6 nights and pay only for 5 (One free night on min stay of 6 nights)
• Private Eco excursion with resident Fijian Marine Biologist – An Eco walk & reef walk followed by a guided snorkelling tour of local reefs and a visit to the resort's private island
• Valid for all room types subject to availability. Rates start from USD$2405 per adult (based on 2 adults & up to 2 children under 13 sharing a Gardenview Bure)
• Rate inclusive of meet and greet at Nadi & Savusavu Domestic Airport, individual bure accommodation, all a la carte meals, - a la carte breakfast, gourmet lunch & dinner daily, adult & children's menus, bottled non - alcoholic beverages, iced tea & coffee, specialty loose-leaf teas, espresso coffees, afternoon tea, most resort activities including 4 off site excursions scheduled on a weekly basis, boat snorkel trips with resident marine biologist or activities staff, snorkeling equipment, Wi-Fi & return vehicle transfers from Savusavu Airport to the resort
• Includes Daily Bula Club for children, 8:30am – 9:00pm, Fijian buddy for children 6-12 yrs on a maximum 1-5 ratio and an exclusive nanny daily from 8:30am – 6:30pm for each child under 6 yrs at time of travel, plus one dedicated nanny per bure from 6:30pm - 9pm. Teenagers have a dedicated activities staff member 8:30am – 6:00pm.
Sustainable Fishing and Agricultural Practices:
• Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort does not permit reef fish or threatened species when selecting seafood for its dining menus.
• The resort's landscaping features a large number of indigenous fruit trees – including mango, papaya, lemon, lime, guava, pineapple, passion fruit, breadfruit, and coconut–which are irrigated using recycled water from the resort's wastewater treatment plant–and provides the resort's kitchen and bar with fresh produce for guests. The culinary garden also benefits from the composting of green kitchen waste.
• Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort also offers young visitors fun – yet informative – educational programs to help them understand how nature works and its value to people.
• The resort's full-time Fijian naturalist/marine biologist, Johnny Singh, guides Bula Club (kid's club) outings, providing a delightful educational experience for children. Johnny also teaches the resort staff and at local schools. Additionally, the resort's staff demonstrates how we can use nature to help create more sustainable commerce in our home communities.
Additional Sustainable Practices:
• Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort was the first resort in Fiji to recycle paper and plastic, and, in the process, set up a recycling program for the entire town of Savusavu
• Usage of a water reclamation plant
• No air-conditioning
• Usage of solar panels on water heaters for some bures (traditional thatched Fijian guestrooms)
• Usage of timber from certified forests for construction
• A coral farm, created to assist the reefs by utilizing local corals that have been broken naturally from the parent colony and have very low chance of surviving without this help
Setting the standard for what has become a rapidly growing sector in the tourism industry, Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort brings together five-star luxury, renowned Fijian hospitality and ecological exploration – a unique offering for intrepid and discerning travelers seeking a new way of connecting with the planet and its cultures.
For more information, please feel free to contact me or visit:
Sign-up for Our Email Newsletter
FIND A LUXURY HOTEL & BOOK WITH EXCLUSIVE PERKS!
Antigua & Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Papua New Guinea
St Vincent & the Grenadines
St. Kitts & Nevis
Turks & Caicos
U.S. Virgin Islands
United Arab Emirates
Food & Wine
Shopping & Fashion
Spa & Wellness
Wineries / Wine Tasting
Blue Waters Resort & Spa - Antigua - A hidden gem nestled in a private bay on Antigua's northwestern coast with sunset views
Fiesta Americana Merida - This majestic hotel is located at the crossroads of the capital's main avenues: Paseo Montejo and Colón.
Live Aqua Beach Resort Cancun, Mexico - Adults Only, All Inclusive
The Ranch Italy at Palazzo Fiuggi - The Ranch Malibu brings its award winning wellness program just 50 minutes from Rome.
Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa - Rancho Santa Fe, California - One of the West’s most sought-after five star resorts
Hotel Saint James - Paris, France - Relais & Chateaux - The only chateau-hotel in Paris, an architectural jewel tucked away in the 16th.
Home in Italy: The Finest Collection of Luxury Villas Since 1994
Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Resorts Collection - Costa Rica
Trump International Hotel Waikiki - Five-star amenities steps from the beach
Luxo Italia - Curated Luxury Travel in Italy
Argentario Golf & Wellness Resort - Porto Ercole, Tuscany, Italy
The Luxury of Simplicity in Japan: Exceptional Resorts in Tochigi’s Nikko Area
The Kayon Jungle Resort - Ubud, Bali, Indonesia - a sanctuary of tropical indulgence.
VOYAGES MAGAZINE - Cruising the World in Style
A.M.A Selections - Luxury Villa Rentals throughout Europe
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa - Lakeside retreat 2-1/2 hours north of Toronto
Come Together Wellness - Rest, Restore & Explore on Kauai
Relais Christine - Paris, France - Relais & Chateaux - A secret, tranquil world in the heart of Paris' Left Bank
Red Savannah: Luxury Villas and Tailor-Made Holidays
JUP - Personal Service for Buying and Selling Real Estate in Jupiter, Florida
Dude Ranchers Association - An all-inclusive vacation experience like no other
Porto Zante Villas & Spa - Zakynthos, Greece - The leading villa resort in Europe