EAT, DRINK AND BE MERRI(ON)
Through the month of December, a festive Christmas menu will be served in the award-winning Cellar Restaurant, culminating with a five-course Christmas lunch and dinner prepared by Chef Ed Cooney. The festive menu will include: open butternut squash ravioli; "The Duke" (the hotel's interpretation of a classic Beef Wellington); and The Merrion's signature "Festive Snowman" holiday dessert, made of white chocolate and orange blossom bavarois with mango sorbet and vanilla sable. Sunday Brunch will be served in The Cellar Bar and feature the best of Irish comfort food, along with a special visit from Father Christmas. A special Afternoon Tea will be served in the Georgian Drawing Room, which will include finger sandwiches, gingerbread, meringues, mince pies and other delicious homemade treats; and on December 4th, 11th and 18th, the tea will be accompanied by Christmas carols. Guests can also indulge in a traditional New Year's Day brunch in The Cellar Bar, for which Chef Cooney will serve up American and Irish comfort food and offer an extensive menu of classic cocktails and fresh fruit smoothies designed to rejuvenate even the weariest reveler.
CHRISTMAS FOR THE KIDS
At 6pm on Christmas Eve, The Merrion's gardens will set the scene for Christmas as young guests are invited to meet Father Christmas around the Christmas tree in the Front Hall. Each child will receive a gift and parents can relax with a glass of mulled wine and mince pies while being serenaded by Christmas carols. On December 24th and 26th, younger guests can meet up in the Kids Zone for a special program of activities, including face painting, arts and crafts, storytelling and a magic show.
HOLIDAY SEASON RETREAT PACKAGES
Packages for guests and families on offer this holiday and winter season include:
- Winter Escape: This quick winter getaway includes an overnight stay in a Standard Queen room and Irish breakfast priced at $182 per person, based on double occupancy. Valid November 2016 through February 2017.
- Winter Family Getaway: Accommodations for the whole family include a Super King and Super Twin room from $830 per night. Based on two adults and two children sharing, the offer includes Irish breakfast for the whole gang. Kids under 12 dine free, excluding December 24th, 25th and 31st. Valid from November 1, 2016 to January 31, 2017.
- Post-Christmas Racing Break: Offered from December 26-29, 2016, this package includes two Top Level tickets for the renowned Leopardstown Christmas Race Festival (a highlight of the Irish horse racing calendar) and Irish breakfast. Priced from $274 per person, based on double occupancy.
- Post-Christmas Pampering Getaway: To rejuvenate after the holidays, guests can book this package, valid from December 26-29, 2016, and indulge in a one-hour treatment followed by an overnight stay and Irish breakfast for $282 per person, based on double occupancy.
- New Year's Eve Getaway Celebration: Guests can ring in the New Year with a celebratory dinner for two in The Cellar Restaurant, two nights' accommodations in a luxurious room in the Garden Wing, a bottle of Champagne and seasonal treats in-room on arrival, and a full Irish breakfast in the morning. Valid from December 30, 2016 to January 1, 2017, and priced at $521 per person, based on double occupancy.
Find more details about the special holiday packages at The Merrion, please visit: www.merrionhotel.com/holidayseason.