As the winter season arrives, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch invites guests to the luxurious ski-in and ski-out mountain resort, tucked away in an exclusive enclave on the side of Beaver Creek Mountain, offering access to the Colorado outdoors and memorable mountain experiences. Beaver Creek Mountain’s opening day is Wednesday, November 25, 2020, just in time for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Enveloped by the natural beauty of Beaver Creek and consistently recognized as one of North America’s premiere hotels and Colorado’s top luxury ski-in and ski-out resorts, the Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch offers limitless outdoor adventures, world-class amenities and an array of dining options. Whether skiing pristine powder, making fresh tracks on a mountain snowshoe adventure, enjoying a glass of champagne and live music at the best après ski location in the Vail Valley, indulging in high-altitude treatments at the world-class spa, enjoying the fine-dining destinations WYLD or Sakaba, the new onsite sushi concept, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch provides a luxury winter mountain experience to celebrate the festive season.
The hotel is easily accessible with daily, direct flights from across the country and located only 28 miles away from Eagle County Regional Airport.
Featured 2020/2021 winter activities at The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch include:
- Ultimate Family Ski Holiday: The destination is ideal for multi-generational families and groups of friends. Guests can stay in private, multi-bedroom, residences or penthouses with separate kitchens and bedrooms, having more space to spread out, while also enjoying the amenities of the hotel just an elevator away. Ski-in and ski-out slope side access and Ski Concierge provide more time to enjoy the mountain and create lasting memories.
- Plan Your Colorado Ski Experience Early: The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch provides slope-side access and more than 1,800 acres of diverse terrain for the whole family. Watch children learn to ski using the “magic carpet” at the base of the Bachelor Gulch chair lift while warming up by the outdoor fire-pit. This winter, reservations are required to ski in order to maintain the number of guests on the mountain and mountain facilities. Epic pass holders will be given preference for early reservations, so plan early to reserve preferred winter dates in advance. Find additional information on ski reservations here.
- Not Just Skiing, Winter Adventures: The pet-friendly Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch offers guests the opportunity to explore the mountain and Colorado snow on daily snowshoe adventures, where guests can bring their own pampered pup or join with official canine ambassadors, “Bachelor”, a 100+lb Saint Bernard puppy and “Scout”, a beautiful Bernese Mountain Dog. The destination will also host daily, guided winter hikes in the morning and afternoon, sunset hikes.
- Festive Décor and 9 Days of Holiday Wonder: With more than 25 trees decorated on the property both indoors and outside, the holiday décor throughout creates the ultimate winter wonderland. The destination kicks-off ski season with the official mountain opening on Wednesday, November 25. A special 4-course Thanksgiving dinner at WYLD prepared by Chef Jasper Schneider the following day and a private Bachelor Gulch tree lighting ceremony on Saturday, November 28 with holiday music and activities for guests. The festive activities continue in December, with a Hanukkah lighting ceremony on Friday, December 18 followed by t 9 Days of Wonder from December 24-January 1, with holiday activities including the Edge of Wild experience with wolves, cocoa and cider, holiday crafts and ornament making, holiday cookies and much more.
- The Most Amazing Outdoor Après: With an abundance of outdoor space, heaters, twinkling lights and comfortable seating, the ski-in and ski-out Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch showcases an unmatched après ski experience, featuring the Fireside Bar. The Moët Champagne and raw bar après ski experience is located on the mountain-side outdoor terrace where guests enjoy a full bar in front of the roaring outdoor fire. New this year, daily street tacos will be served outdoors. Guests can take a dip in the year-round heated outdoor pool and hot tubs also located at the base of the mountain.
- Ritz-Kids: Ritz Kids gives children ages 5-12 the ultimate, outdoor vacation experience through activities centered around adventure, creativity, wellness, and the amazing Rocky Mountain landscape. Programming includes snowshoe and scavenger adventures tracking animal tracks through the forest, snow themed crafts, and building snow castles while drinking hot cocoa.
- Winter Warm Up at The Spa: Warm up at the Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch Spa, a world-class 21,000 square foot sanctuary including 19 treatment rooms for signature services and spa treatments. Additionally, there is the outdoor heated pool and hot tubs.
- Mountain to Sea Culinary Experiences: Dine at WYLD, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch’s signature restaurant serving seasonal and locally sourced dishes prepared by executive chef Jasper Schneider. Or experience Sakaba, the new sushi lounge located inside the hotel, serving traditional Japanese cuisine, sushi and composed raw dishes with fresh fish flown in daily from Japan. The Sakaba beverage program features signature craft cocktails, an extensive sake collection and Japanese beer selections. Sakaba offers indoor and year-round outdoor seating with a heated terrace. After 10pm, the space is transformed into a 21+ cocktail lounge with an extensive menu and cigar humidor.
With proper COVID-19 guidance in place for guests, employees and members, The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch, follows Eagle County regional guidelines, adheres to social distancing recommendations as well as administers the Marriott Commitment to Clean requirements on cleaning and safety standards.