Jet Set Pet
Family Vacation Packages
Spa & Wellness Packages
Romantic & Honeymoon Packages
Beach & Island Resorts
5-Star City Hotels
Adventure & Eco Lodges
Boutique City Hotels
Country House Hotels
Safari Camps & Lodges
Golf Resorts & Lodges
Spa Resorts & Wellness Retreats
Ski Resorts & Lodges
Wine Country Getaways
Hot Hotel Openings
Cruises & Yachting
Private Jet Travel
Bars & Nightclubs
Wine & Spirits
Spa & Wellness Retreats
Beach and Resortwear
Beauty and Fragrance
Luggage and Handbags
Watches & Jewelry
Wine and Spirits
World's Most Expensive
Explore the Hub of Arabian Culture in Abu Dhabi
July 10, 2014
Home to a thriving arts scene and the hub of Arabian culture and heritage, Abu Dhabi is made up of more than 200 islands and has rapidly developed a reputation among cultural and travel aficionados interested in exploring the Middle East in a safe, yet authentic environment.
WORLD-CLASS EVENTS AND ATTRACTIONS
• Abu Dhabi is home to the world's only Ferrari World - the first Ferrari theme park, complete with museums, world's fastest roller coaster and other interactive activities.
• Abu Dhabi Falcon Hospital - Guided tours of this award winning specialist hospital, the most advanced of its kind in the world, are available.
You can visit the luxurious wards where the birds are kept, explore the museum which gives an insight into the noble desert sport of falconry.
• Every November the destination hosts the Formula1™ Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at the Yas Marina Circuit the most technologically advanced motorsports race track in the world.
WHERE TO STAY
• Most major hotels have opened in Abu Dhabi including prominent brands such as Jumeirah, St. Regis, Park Hyatt, Ritz-Carlton, and many more. A number of openings are scheduled over the next few years including Four Seasons, Le Bristol, Grand Millennium, and Grand Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Residences Emirates Pearl. With nearly 22,000 rooms, Abu Dhabi offers a range of accommodations to suit your client's needs.
• Al Ain, the second largest city in Abu Dhabi was recently named a UNESCO World Heritage site, and is truly the cultural heartland of the region. Known as the "Oasis City," it is the historical home of the ruling family and is named for the natural springs originating in the rocky heights which surround it.
Al Ain hosts a year round program of art and cultural exhibitions at the Al Qattara Arts Centre, built on a site that dates back to the Iron Age (1100-300 BC) and where the adjacent ancient souk has now been renovated
The Al Ain camel souk is one of the world's last remaining camel markets, and is an excellent opportunity to see camels up close.
• "Where the desert meets the sea," the vast western district of Al Gharbia makes up over two thirds of Abu Dhabi. Along its hundreds of kilometers of coastline are stunning beaches and islands.
Al Gharbia is also also home to Liwa, a historic oasis town that sits at the entry to the Empty Quarter - the world's largest sand desert. Camel excursions, dune bashing, camel trekking and visits to the Arabian Wildlife Park are but a few reasons to visit the area.
The crown jewel is the Qasr Al Sarab Desert Resort by Anantara. The luxurious sand castle is an oasis amid the imposing desert landscape in the Empty Quarter and offers a 5-star experience while still showcasing Emirati experiences.
GETTING TO ABU DHABI
• Abu Dhabi is home to Etihad Airways, the national carrier. Now with Etihad Airways, your guests can reach nearly 100 destinations across the world in absolute comfort and luxury with non-stop flights from Toronto, New York, Chicago, Washington D.C., Los Angeles and with service from Dallas Fort Worth starting December 3rd, 2014.
Etihad Airways offers an unparalleled, world-class experience for guests with private suites and exclusive fine dining prepared by a personal In-Flight Chef in Diamond First Class. In our Pearl Business Class, guests benefit from fully lie-flat beds on all long-haul flights and a specially trained Food and Beverage Manager. And, in Coral Economy Class, they can unwind with on-demand entertainment and a choice of 3 meals with vegetarian options as standard, and a selection of café-style hot beverages. Etihad also offers families across all three cabins the benefits of the airline's Flying Nanny service.
Please contact the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority in New York at 212 338 0101 or USA@tcaabudhabi.ae.
Sign-up for Our Email Newsletter
FIND A LUXURY HOTEL & BOOK WITH EXCLUSIVE PERKS!
Antigua & Barbuda
British Virgin Islands
Papua New Guinea
St Vincent & the Grenadines
St. Kitts & Nevis
Turks & Caicos
U.S. Virgin Islands
United Arab Emirates
Food & Wine
Shopping & Fashion
Spa & Wellness
Wineries / Wine Tasting
Aman Resorts - Luxury resorts, hotels and private residences in awe-inspiring locations around the world
Rancho Valencia Resort & Spa - Rancho Santa Fe, California - One of the West’s most sought-after five star resorts
Hacienda AltaGracia, Auberge Resorts Collection - Costa Rica
El Encanto, A Belmond Hotel - Santa Barbara, California - Experience timeless Californian glamor.
The Ranch Italy at Palazzo Fiuggi - The Ranch Malibu brings its award winning wellness program just 50 minutes from Rome.
VOYAGES MAGAZINE - Cruising the World in Style
Trump International Hotel Waikiki - Five-star amenities steps from the beach
Red Savannah: Luxury Villas and Tailor-Made Holidays
The Luxury of Simplicity in Japan: Exceptional Resorts in Tochigi’s Nikko Area
Relais Christine - Paris, France - Relais & Chateaux - A secret, tranquil world in the heart of Paris' Left Bank
Fairmont Le Château Frontenac - Quebec City, Canada - Breathtaking views of the St. Lawrence River and the UNESCO Old fortified city
Hotel Saint James - Paris, France - Relais & Chateaux - The only chateau-hotel in Paris, an architectural jewel tucked away in the 16th.
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa - Poipu, Kauai, Hawaii - Beachfront Resort
Silversea - Experience All-Inclusive Ultra-Luxury Cruises
1900 Inn on Montford - a historic, four-diamond bed and breakfast nestled in the heart of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville, North Carolina
CordeValle - A luxury retreat in a picturesque setting in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains of Northern California
JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa - Lakeside retreat 2-1/2 hours north of Toronto
Grand Hotel Portovenere - Cinque Terre - Discover this beautiful region of Italy!
A.M.A Selections - Luxury Villa Rentals throughout Europe
Argentario Golf & Wellness Resort - Porto Ercole, Tuscany, Italy
Dude Ranchers Association - An all-inclusive vacation experience like no other
Luxo Italia - Curated Luxury Travel in Italy
Home in Italy: The Finest Collection of Luxury Villas Since 1994
The St. Regis Deer Valley - Park City, Utah - Exhilarating activities in the summer and the winter
Porto Zante Villas & Spa - Zakynthos, Greece - The leading villa resort in Europe
Luxury Camp - Italy - On the beach a half hour from Venice's historic center