The Hotel Telluride, a 59-room luxury boutique Rocky Mountains meets European chalet-style hotel located in the heart of Telluride, Colo., is offering a new and super-exclusive ‘Master of the Mountain’ package this upcoming winter season (available from January 1 - March 31, 2016). This new package invites guests to become the master of Telluride's rugged terrain with customized Pete Wagner skis, one of the most advanced cobblers of skis on the planet, in this luxury experience for the elite traveler.
Telluride, which sits at an elevation of 8,750-feet in Southwestern Colorado, is stashed amongst the highest concentration of 13,000- and 14,000-foot peaks in North America and is nestled in a box canyon among some of the most undeniably stunning scenery and most incredible ski terrain in the Rocky Mountains.
The Hotel Telluride is an ideal base camp from which to explore and experience Telluride. The Hotel Telluride’s new ‘Master of the Mountain’ package includes a three night stay in the Mount Ajax Suite, a one-bedroom suite with private balconies overlooking the San Juan Mountains and Mount Ajax, customized Pete Wagner skis, a private guided day on Telluride Ski Mountain, 200 square miles of heli-skiing with Telluride Helitrax, a spa experience and a private 'chef to table' dining experience.
Upon booking the Master of the Mountain Package, The Hotel Telluride assigns a personal concierge to each guest to ensure that every detail is adapted to their style, ability and desires. First, the personal concierge will connect the guest directly with Pete Wagner of Wagner Custom Skis, a world-renowned Telluride-based boutique custom ski manufacturing company, allowing them to customize their own ski design. No design experience necessary as Pete will work with each guest personally throughout the design process. Pete will match the guest’s weight, height and strength to deliver a ski that is adapted to them -- a ski that responds with instant instinct and optimized for flex distribution. NOTE: All design and customization will need to take place more than 30 days prior to the guest’s visit to Telluride.
Upon arrival to either the Telluride Airport or Telluride-Montrose Regional Airport, The Hotel Telluride's private SUV will shuttle guests to the property located in historic downtown Telluride. The guests’ assigned personal concierge will present them with an altitude wellness welcome package and keys to the Mount Ajax Suite. Once settled, the private SUV will then take them to Pete Wagner's ski shop to tour his facility and finish any finalizing details of the their custom built and designed skis.
The first full day in Telluride will include a day on Telluride Ski Mountain (a.k.a. “The Hill”) with a private tour alongside a long-time Telluride local and historian. Après ski will take place back at The Hotel Telluride in the chic European meets Rocky Mountain lodge-style lobby with live music and a custom tailored après ski experience created by The Hotel Telluride's culinary team.
Day two will begin with The Hotel Telluride's private SUV taking guests to the Telluride Helitrax pad for lift off via a Eurocopter S350 B3e to discover some of the most exquisite and safest heli-sking that Colorado has to offer. Telluride Helitrax works within 200 square miles of the San Juan Mountains and has familiarization with hundreds of landing zones to seek out terrain ranging in variety from beginner to expert terrain. The day will be spent anywhere from 10,000 to 14,000 vertical feet, seeking out powder stashes in the San Juan Mountain range, taking c-curves through pristine powder and untouched terrain. Upon return to The Hotel Telluride, champagne will be waiting to toast to success in conquering some of North America's more challenging back country terrain.
On the final evening, guests receive a 90-minute spa treatment serviced by The Hotel Telluride's spa team. After being put into a state of ultimate relaxation, guests make their way to the chef’s table to enjoy an unforgettable private ‘chef to table' dining experience. Aside a roaring fire, each course will be delivered by The Hotel Telluride's chef and paired with The Hotel Telluride's reserve vintage wine collection.
The Hotel Telluride’s exclusive ‘Master of the Mountain’ package starts from $15,270 (based on double occupancy) is available from January 1- March 31, 2016 (subject to weather conditions, based on availability, blackout dates apply).
• Three-night stay in The Hotel Telluride’s Ajax Suite
• Two pairs of bespoke Pete Wagner skis
• Special ‘Altitude Awareness’ arrival amenity
• Daily breakfast for two
• One day Telluride Ski Mountain with private guide
• Customized après ski
• One day private heli-sking tour and champagne upon return to the hotel
• 90-minute custom spa treatment
• Private five-course wine pairing dinner at The Hotel Telluride Chef’s Table
• Dedicated 24-hour personal Valet Concierge
The ‘Master of the Mountain’ package is only bookable by calling The Hotel Telluride directly at (866) 468-3501 or (970) 369-1188.
• Package must be booked 45 days in advance
• All design and customization with Wagner Custom Skis will need to take place more than 30 days prior to the guest’s visit to Telluride.
• Package is designed to be customized to suit guests needs, please let the hotel know if you would like to alter the availability of each package component for various guests traveling with you.
• Additional days may be added to package upon availability and best available rate
• Components of package must be used within one (1) continuous stay.
• Weather always serves as a variable. If Telluride Helitrax must cancel their portion due to weather conditions, tickets to Telluride Ski Resort will be offered and this portion of the package will be refunded.
NEW AND INCREASED WINTER 2015/16 NONSTOP SERVICE TO/FROM TELLURIDE-MONTROSE REGIONAL AIRPORT
Charter and private aircrafts can fly directly into Telluride Airport (TEX), which is a quick 15 minute drive to The Hotel Telluride.
For those flying commercially, the largest and closest airport to Telluride is Telluride-Montrose Regional Airport (MTJ) and offers service by commercial airlines including Allegiant, American/US Airways, Delta and United, with direct flights to/from Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Denver, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Newark, Phoenix/Mesa and San Francisco.
Telluride-Montrose Regional Airport is increasing its access for winter 2015/2016 with:
• NEW nonstop flights to/from Las Vegas on Allegiant Air - Service Fridays and Mondays from Dec. 19, 2015 - Feb. 15, 2016; every Thursday and Sunday from Feb 16. - March 27, 2016
• NEW nonstop flights to/from Los Angeles on American Airlines - Service daily running from Dec. 17, 2015 - Jan. 4, 2016, and on Saturdays through April 4, 2016.
• NEW nonstop flights to/from Chicago O’Hare Airport on American Airlines - Service running daily from Dec. 17, 2015 - Jan. 4, 2016, and on Saturdays through April 4, 2016.
• NEW nonstop flights to/from New York-LaGuardia on United Airlines - Service running Saturdays from Dec. 19, 2015 - March 27, 2016
• NEW nonstop flight added to/from Atlanta every Wednesday on Delta Air Lines from February 15 - March 29, 2016 running along with the regular seasonal Saturday and Sunday service. Delta also offers service daily from Dec. 19, 2015 - Jan. 4 2016
• Major jump in service more than doubling flights to/from Phoenix on American Airlines - Service running daily from Dec. 19, 2015 - Jan. 4, 2016; every Wednesday and Saturday from Jan. 5 - Feb. 11, 2016; and 5x weekly from Feb. 12 - April 4, 2016
• Major jump in service to/from Dallas/Ft. Worth on American Airlines, including daily flights on a mainline jet, with two flights on Saturdays from Dec. 17, 2015 - April 4, 2016
A number of shuttle and other ground transportation companies offer service to/from Telluride/Montrose Regional Airport and Telluride which is a beautiful 75 minute drive over the scenic Dallas Divide.
The Hotel Telluride is a 59-room luxury boutique chalet-style hotel situated in the heart of Telluride in the San Juan Mountains of Southwestern Colorado. The Nook, the hotel’s restaurant offers casual American cuisine for breakfast, après ski/hike or dinner. The Hotel Telluride is pet friendly and is located at 199 N. Cornet St. in easy walking distance to Telluride’s shops, restaurants, art galleries and The Telluride Ski Resort. For more information, visit www.thehoteltelluride.com and for reservations call 866.468.3501.