How Vegas Suites Make It Personal
- Personal Touch. Resort staff note individual guest preferences to ensure their return visit meets the incredible expectations expected by VIPs. At MGM Resorts International's highest level suites, the hospitality team learns about favorite liquors, sodas, shampoo and more so that the suite is fully stocked with the guest's favorite brand prior to their arrival. Additionally, the team will call ahead to note any special occasions and will decorate the suite accordingly in spectacular fashion. Repeat visitors to the Sky Villas at ARIA (pictured) can even leave their belongings in their room to be set up again upon their return, just like they never left. If children are part of the entourage, the staff at The Villas at The Mirage will provide a wagon filled with stuffed animals.
- Fine (In-Room) Dining. Guests at SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand and The Villas at The Mirage can order feasts from some of the best restaurants in Las Vegas to be delivered to their room. Yes, it is now possible to savor Portofino's burrata agnolotti with lobster while in pajamas or dig into wood-grilled meats from Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak while standing on SKYLOFTS' balcony overlooking The Strip. Those staying at Delano Las Vegas can even whip up a classic cocktail on a whim with the in-room “Make Your Own Manhattan” kit.
- Helping Hand. Round-the-clock butler service makes the Sky Villas at ARIA feel like a home-away-from-home. The exceptional staff has a considerable list of talents, from sommelier and American Culinary Federation certifications to the mastery of multiple languages. Sky Villa butlers also undergo an intensive four-week program created specially by the only certified butler training program in North America, during which they learn precise cultural preferences and styles to make every guest feel at home.
- Pampered Pooches. Every dog has his day at Vdara Hotel & Spa and Delano Las Vegas with special accommodations for man's best friend. Guests don't have to worry about leaving their four-legged loved ones alone thanks to Vdara's pet sitting services or dog walks with Delano's doggie butlers, which comes with a “pup selfie” to send to the parents. The resorts even created fido-friendly dining menus that offer delicacies such as a wagyu hamburger or an egg white frittata.
- Poolside Luxury. ARIA's Sky Suites translated its Forbes Five Star Award-winning service poolside at its new and exclusive Sky Pool. Complimentary refreshments are offered to the pool's VIP guests every 90 minutes such as unique iced teas, smoothie shots, mochi balls and more. Poolside spa services are performed with cold marble stones and a specialty menu of hand-crafted cocktails designed to beat the heat.
- Fast Lane. A simple and private check-in process for suites across The Strip allows guests to skip the line and head right to their Vegas haven. At the SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand, check-in is done directly in the room while patrons of Vdara can get settled right away with the express curbside check-in.