Terranea will kick off its inaugural Valentine’s Ball on Saturday, February 13. The formal black-tie affair will take you and your Valentine back to the roaring 20’s with live entertainment from 10-piece swing band Mitch Franco and Project M, as well as an elegant three-course plated dinner, dessert and truffle buffet, and premium open bar. Formal attire required; two seatings at 7:30pm and 8pm - midnight in the Marineland Ballroom; $140 (plus tax and service charge) per person.
Extend the weekend with Terranea’s Romance Package, including luxury oceanfront accommodations, sparkling wine and strawberries, a rose petal bath, and daily breakfast for two at Catalina Kitchen. Rates start at $625 per night. Book with promotional code: ROMANCE.
Find couple’s bliss this Valentine’s Day with specialty treatments at The Spa at Terranea:
- TRANQUIL WE: Float in a copper tub while taking in aromas of orange blossom and vanilla followed by a cocoon wrap of tranquility to nourish, calm, and harmonize the body. A full face, neck, body and scalp massage is incorporated for complete bliss, providing a silky and balanced feeling. The 90-minute treatment for two is available for $590.
- RADIANT YOU: Love isn’t the only thing making you glow! Look your best for dinner with your special someone. Enjoy Terranea’s Radiant Results facial and feel the benefits of instant, visible results. Guests can choose between the 60-minute Aroma Lift or Aroma Clear facials and finish with a fabulous blow out in the Salon for $295.
Adventure through the resort’s 102-acre property and enjoy its natural surroundings with festive activities:
- COUPLES YOGA: Couples can find their center during this intimate 90-minute yoga class overlooking the ocean as the sun sets over the Pacific. February 14 at 4pm; $40 per couple.
- KAYAKING FOR LOVERS: Join your valentine in a tandem kayak for a romantic journey along the stunning Pacific coastline. For a chance to see the whales up close, this paddle above the kelp forest follows the Gray Whale’s migration route, which is in full swing in February; $258 per couple, available at pointe discovery.
- SUNSET GOLF FOR TWO: Challenge your special someone to a game of golf at The Links. The championship-caliber 9-hole, par 3 course offers ocean views that are ideal for spectacular sunsets; $70 per couple.
Dine in style for the special evening and throughout the weekend at Terranea with featured specialty menus sure to please any palate:
- mar’sel, Terranea’s signature restaurant, will offer a 5-course prix fixe menu ($145), as well as a limited a la carte menu, created by the new Chef de Cuisine Andrew Vaughan. Prix fixe menu highlights include Caviar & Burrata, Seared Diver Scallops with Baby Squid Escabeche and Grass Fed Beef Tartare. Reservations are limited to resort guests only.
- With sweeping ocean views, Nelson’s will present its 3-course Blue Plate Special ($60) including Shrimp Cocktail for Two, Skirt Steak with Béarnaise Sauce & Oysters Rockefeller and a special Valentine Dessert.
- bashi, Terranea's contemporary Asian restaurant, will serve an á la carte menu all day from 11am-9pm with Valentine’s Day Specials starting at 5pm, such as Pan Roasted Duck Breast, Tempura Atlantic Lobster and Steamed New Zealand Tai Snapper.
- Catalina Kitchen will offer a 4-course prix fixe menu ($65), featuring a Mediterranean twist on seasonal California cuisine with dishes, such as Leek and Goat Cheese Agnolotti with fennel, candied garlic and gremolata, and Grilled Sea Bass with pancetta risotto, pea tendrils and chanterelles.
- At sea beans, guests can eat all the sweets they desire with heart-shaped chocolate boxes decorated with chocolate roses, Executive Pastry Chef Pierino Jermonti’s Signature Caramel Creme Bruleé Cheesecake and chocolate covered strawberries. For a savory, steamy delight, indulge in the café’s Gruyere cheese fondue picnic basket, including a bottle of ONEHOPE sparkling wine ($85 + tax).
- Guests can toast to the day of love at The Lobby Bar with two glasses of ONEHOPE sparkling wine and Truffled Gougeres ($30).
While parents enjoy Terranea’s dining venues, The Spa and The Links golf course, children ages 3-12 can explore the Tide Pool Kids Club, offering 40 percent off full camp, as well as 25 percent off fun hours. The program is offered daily during the month of February. Advance reservations are required.
Conveniently located 20 miles from LAX, Terranea Resort provides an exotic long weekend escape for Valentine’s Day without the travel time. Couples can relish in the romance of the resort’s coastal setting during their stay, while enjoying its luxurious accommodations, 50,000-square-foot spa and fitness center and celebrated Farm-to-Terranea dining.
For more information about Terranea Resort and its Valentine’s Day offerings, please visit www.Terranea.com.