- Prime location: Situated just 75 miles southeast of Mexico City, Puebla is conveniently situated near many major hubs, making it easy to get to yet also a welcome respite from some of the more touristy, and fully booked, Mexican towns. Further, the city’s southern location means that the climate is virtually perfect this time of year, and while recent earthquakes caused damage in some of the other nearby cities, Puebla was, luckily, largely unaffected.
- Festive cuisine: The birthplace of the famous mole poblano, Puebla is a rewarding culinary destination that mixes indigenous and contemporary flavors with French, Spanish, and Lebanese influences. Traditional dishes include chiles in walnut sauce, chalupas, and cemitas, all of which can be found at markets and street cars all over the city.
- Holiday shopping: Known for its signature Talavera pottery and colorful ceramics, Puebla is home to several local markets offering one-of-a-kind crafts perfect for placing under the Christmas tree. Additionally, Puebla is close to many of the country’s towns that are renowned for their over-the-top Christmas activations. One to note is Chignahuapan, which produces close to 70 million Christmas-tree ornaments each year in every shape, size, and color imaginable. Stroll down 2 Sur, otherwise known as Romero Vargas street, to pick up some last-minute gifts at unbeatable prices.
WHERE TO STAY: The first luxury hotels to open in Puebla, both Rosewood Puebla and Cartesiano are ideally situated within walking distance to the zocalo, or city center, so that travelers can take in the impressive architecture, sites, and traditional cuisine for which the city is known.
Ultimate NYC Holiday Experience: Saks Fifth Avenue x The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
Obviously when people think ultimate holiday cities they think of New York with all the intricate window displays, Rockefeller Center Tree, endless holiday markets, and Radio City Rockettes but is there a new way to bring that all together for those who have a little extra left to spend from their holiday bonuses perhaps?!
This year there is! The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park has launched a Fairytale in NYC package in collaboration with Saks Fifth Avenue to allow guests for select dates this month to truly feel the magic of the holiday season inside one of the city’s most iconic holiday window displays. As part of the package, guests will enjoy:
• A magical dining experience for four people at Saks Holiday Breakfast: A Royal Celebration of Disney’s Snow White at Saks Fifth Avenue Flagship store - characters included!
• A minimum two-night stay in a Deluxe Park View Suite
• Horse Carriage Ride in Central Park
• Special holiday welcome amenity from Disney and Saks Fifth Avenue
The one-of-a-kind package is available throughout the rest of the month on select dates found online here and can be booked by calling 212-497-2737. Rates starting from $7,200 USD. Just steps from Fifth Avenue holiday shopping, and some of New York City’s festive traditions The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park is the perfect home away from home for a holiday getaway (or staycation)!