2021 travel and beyond is shaping up to be extra, well, extra. While souped-up luxury auto brands have played in the touring and speed experience space for years, the latest trend in behind-the-wheel thrill seeking is coming from Jaguar Land Rover. Whether you’re looking to traverse the icy wilderness of Sweden in a Jaguar F-TYPE or go off-roading through the wildness of Africa’s untamed land in a Land Rover Defender, the brand has created an experiential travel series that off-roading enthusiasts will never forget. To top it off, Land Rover Experience centers has something for everyone, including your teen driver…
- Jaguar Land Rover Ice Academy (Arjeplog, Sweden): Located in a stunningly beautiful icy wilderness consisting of vast frozen lakes surrounded by endless pine forests, the Jaguar Land Rover Ice Academy is the chance to experience extreme winter driving while learning the art of drifting and power sliding. While behind the wheel of the latest Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles, including the powerful Jaguar F-TYPE and the award-winning Land Rover Defender, guests will be under the guidance of our expert instructors–many of whom are former professional racers–for an experience unlike any other. With a per-driver cost of about $5,327 for three nights and two packed days of driving, a weekend at Ice Academy is overflowing with value. For the experienced and the brave, Ice Drive+ adds one more day behind the wheel.
- Land Rover Adventure Travel Namibia (Namibia, Africa): Encompassing the jaw-dropping Etosha National Park, the Land Rover Adventure Travel Namibia is unmissable for those who dream of seeing Africa’s famous wild animals in their natural habitat. Offering you the chance to explore this incredible country from behind the wheel of Land Rover’s iconic vehicles, including the Land Rover Defender. With a cost of about $6,773 per person, you will be able to witness Africa’s many contrasting environments while accompanied by an expert guide. Discover everything that gives Namibia its unmistakable allure with ultimate tour of Africa’s best kept secret.
- Land Rover Experience Centers (nation-wide): The Land Rover Experience offers guests the chance to get behind the wheel of Land Rover’s iconic SUVs to develop their driving skills with expert coaching while tackling challenging off-road trails. With packages starting at $275 per vehicle in Carmel, California, Ashville, North Carolina and Manchester, Vermont, different experience packages include:
- Experience Drives: With packages ranging from one hour to half a day, you’ll learn driving techniques while navigating steep declines, ascents, side tilts and more.
- Teen Drive Experience: Be the cool parent and teen duo! Learn some of the fundamentals of off-roading together, a memory you will cherish forever!
- Family Experience: Have a family fun day and drive off road with all members of the family while learn new driving techniques.
- Heritage Drives: Experience the evolution of Land Rover in the iconic Land Rover Defender 90, modern Range Rover and Discovery while navigating obstacles and varying terrain.