The award-winning Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is celebrating ten years as a leader in wellness at its luxury spas worldwide. Over the past decade, the Group has launched a range of signature concepts, products, and treatments that have helped to establish the Group’s spas as some of the best in the world, with more Forbes ‘Five-Star Spas’ than any other hotel company.
The Group will be starting their celebration of innovations achieved over Ten Years of Wellness on Global Wellness Day, 8 June 2019, with complimentary wellness activities at all hotels and resorts worldwide. Additionally, those who book the Group’s signature Oriental Qi massage between Global Wellness Day and 8th September 2019 will receive tip sheets for exercise, balance and breathing together with a signature oil that relates to their own personalized element to use at home.
Further speaking to the Group’s commitment to increasing wellness accessibility, Mandarin Oriental will roll out the high-tech and futuristic workout product Mirror in specialty suites across all properties in the U.S. As wellness continues to influence the decisions of the modern traveler, the high-tech Mirror is a perfect complement to the Group’s greater ongoing commitment to offer personalized and accessible wellbeing.
The new and buzzworthy Mirror, a full-length mirror that - when turned on - transforms into an interactive on-screen trainer, is perfectly compatible with the mindful traveler. Guests traveling for work or leisure will now have the luxury of choosing from a selection of in-room workouts, all available through this nearly invisible, interactive home gym. Its chic, yet unassuming, design allows Mandarin Oriental to continue to increase wellness accessibility without compromising the luxurious design of each specialty suite.
The following are Mandarin Oriental’s North American properties Global Wellness Day offerings of unique treatments and tailored experiences. Available to both guests and non-guests, all experiences look to promote a healthy and mindful living.
- Throughout June, the property will offer an exclusive Linda Meredith Couture Collagen Facial, which aims to regenerate and deeply hydrate the skin right in time for summer
- On June 8, the property will curate a wellness-centered itinerary for guests. Kicking off at 10:00 AM, will be a Yoga and Mindful Meditation class, followed by a special Himalayan Sound Therapy session from 11:30 AM–12:00 PM. Throughout the day, attendees can enjoy healthy refreshments, and enter a raffle to win a Digital Wellness Escape spa treatment. Classes are complimentary; guests are encouraged to make a special donation to Franciscan Children’s, a nonprofit that provides family care and educational support for children with special health needs
- To coincide with Global Wellness Day, Mandarin Oriental, Canouan will be offering guests its specialty stay package, Canouan Island Calm, which includes accommodation for three nights, a bottle of champagne, and two spa treatments, with a choice of Caribbean Dream, Time Rituals, or Digital Wellness Escape
- In honor of the 10th anniversary of Mandarin Oriental’s signature oils and treatment, the hotel will offer 15% off Oriental Qi treatments and oils through June. Guests staying at the property will also receive a five-day wellness guide, highlighting various fitness and lifestyle excursions throughout the city
- On June 8, the property will host a Global Wellness Day event on its South Lawn, which includes an instructional HIIT class and a singing bowl session
- On June 8, guests are invited to partake in its Global Wellness Day celebration, which includes a series of wellness sessions from 9:30 AM–12:30 PM. In partnership with Jess Davis, Folk Rebellion and Lululemon, the day will include a digital well-being session, a special yoga class and a guided meditation with gong bath. The 12:00 PM Breathwork meditation and gong bath will be hosted by Valerie Oula (Saranjeet Kaur), who is the founder of Modern Ritual NYC, a holistic lifestyle offering for mind, body and soul. Priced at $50pp, proceeds will go towards a charitable organization.
- On June 8 at 12:00 PM, recharj, a D.C.-based modern meditation and power nap studio, and Aromatherapy Associates will host a Hydrate and Meditate session in the Garden Room. The session begins with the application of a hydrosol sheet mask and guests are subsequently guided through a mindful meditation by a recharj teacher—enhancing the capacity for presence
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world’s most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences. Having grown from its Asian roots into a global brand, the Group now operates 32 hotels and six residences in 23 countries and territories, with each property reflecting the Group’s oriental heritage and unique sense of place. Mandarin Oriental has a strong pipeline of hotels and residences under development, and is a member of the Jardine Matheson Group.
Visit website: www.mandarinoriental.com.
Photo credit: Mandarin Oriental New York wellness pool