With creativity at its core, the five-star Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi has curated a new menu of experiences designed to entertain and inspire families. After embarking on a boat trip to discover local marine life or snorkelling the expansive coral house reef, travellers can take inspiration from their verdant island environment and create their own marine-inspired masterpiece; paint, sculpt or draw in the beachside art studio, under the watchful eye of a resident artist.
The on-site Art Studio offers all of the tools and materials for art-enthused travellers to try their hand at coconut, canvas and wood painting, sculpturing, and an array of crafting activities; from designing a dream catcher and weaving authentic Maldivian rugs, to crafting bespoke jewellery from seashells. Here, guests are encouraged to create unique keepsakes inspired by the tropical island surroundings to treasure for a lifetime in the Art Studio, or even in the privacy of their own villa.
Fairmont Maldives also offers an array of immersive activities to promote eco-education. Having opened the first coral regeneration project in the Maldives, the resort has created unique semi-submerged sculptures constructed from non-toxic, pH neutral material, which encourage the settlement of underwater life and act as an artificial reef patrolled by manta rays and over 250 species of tropical fish. Aiming to educate the next generation of eco-conscious travellers, Fairmont Maldives also offers undersea exploration, coral and coconut tree planting, turtle release programmes and exploration of the manta ray cleaning station, all guided by the resort’s resident marine biologist.
Additionally, adventure loving families can head out on a sunset dolphin tour, sail to an uninhabited island for a castaway picnic, snorkel the thriving coral house reef or head out on a Maldivian dhoni for a sunset fishing experience, before immersing themselves in the local island culture with a family cooking class and cultural tours. Tiny travellers can participate in thrill-seeking activities offered at the Kids Club and Teen Club, ‘Majaa’, from kayaking or jet-skiing the lagoon and cycling sandy walkways, to making a splash in the resort’s 200m infinity pool – the largest in the Maldives.
Embodying an earthy elegance, flowing from the shore to every detail of design, the resort is constructed to stimulate creativity. Fairmont Maldives is home to 112 lavish villas with private pools, authentic Maldivian furnishings and a designated Villa Host on hand to cater to guests’ every need. Families can stay in the Overwater Villas with see-through floors and oversized copper bathtubs, perched overlooking the Indian Ocean, Beach Villas with luxurious outdoor bathrooms and private tropical gardens, or in the new Tented Jungle Villas for a true castaway experience in the heart of the Maldivian jungle.
Having opened its doors in May 2018, Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi is an idyllic island paradise dedicated to reinventing family holidays in the Maldives, and inspiring both the artist and adventurer in every traveller.
New Family Holiday Package – Inclusions:
Rates starting from USD1,450++
• Round-trip transfers for two adults and two children (below 12 years old) by seaplane from Male airport to Fairmont Maldives
• Daily breakfast in Raha Market for two adults and 2 children below 12 years old
• Dinner for two adults and two children below 12 years old. Choice of buffet dinner in Raha Market or three course meal at Kata or Azure.
• A day in the Art Studio with the Arts & Crafts team.
• Ocean discovery programme with marine biologist, including a marine life educational presentation and turtle protection activity
• Family cooking class at Raha Market
• Family activities: 20 minutes dolphin and snorkelling trip by speed boat, 20 minutes fun tube and 20 minutes fishing excursion on board a Dhoni. This is a one-time activity during the entire stay.
• Complimentary access to the Kids Club
• Complimentary kids’ amenities
• Baby-sitting facilities are provided upon request
Terms & Conditions:
• Offer is valid all year round and subject to availability at the time of booking. This package requires four nights minimum length of stay. Blackout dates from 20 December 2019 to 10 January 2020.
• Offer requires a full pre-payment of 14 days prior to arrival and is non-refundable. Subject to prevailing taxes and service fee. This offer is not valid in conjunction with any other promotion. Terms and conditions are subject to change without prior notice.